Sign in to follow this  
Prisoner416

Getting these to work on Windows 10?

I haven't had any luck, despite multiple installs, in getting these games to run properly under Windows 10.

I'm running The First Decade versions, patched with the unofficial patch made for The First Decade.

Red Alert 2 has simply a blank screen. I found a DDraw patch that sort of worked, but it caused the desktop to flicker and flash into the game rendering it almost unplayable.

Yuri's Revenge is missing the menu options, but the rest of the graphics are there.

I've tried the compatibility settings fix. No dice.

I got everything else working including Tiberian Sun, although I had to use a different patch to make the menus work.

I find it a bit hard to believe that these issues haven't been fixed by SOMEONE in the community given the detailed patches we've had for the other games.

Is anyone else willing to assist me in my efforts before I try to find a cheap Windows 7 box?

I'll give it a go later, someone should update the First Decade patch build.

Just a couple more quick questions.

I used to use a patch that fixed the typo in "missile silo" in Red Alert... think it started with an a? Have to check and see if these patches have that.

Does anyone know a way to fix the censorship in Red Alert 2 that labels the trade center just as generic building? I thought I had a way around that at one point.

5 hours ago, Prisoner416 said:

I used to use a patch that fixed the typo in "missile silo" in Red Alert... think it started with an a? Have to check and see if these patches have that.

The link to a newer version of the patch is on that page, FunkyFr3sh's RA1 setup includes it.

5 hours ago, Prisoner416 said:

Does anyone know a way to fix the censorship in Red Alert 2 that labels the trade center just as generic building? I thought I had a way around that at one point.

It was never referred to as such in its ingame string, only in the sounds. The last-ever RA2 patch (hence the last chance they had of changing the strings) was released on 8 June 2001, months before 9/11. You can mod the game to change that, though.