After a couple of recent games against the Scrin, I realized the Scrin AI tents to place multiple Growth Accelerators on the same spot. Not sure if thats an old TW bug or related tot my recent changes to the building, but I was kinda wondering if anyone has an idea to stop that. :S

Edited by Stygs

If modded, you might want to limit how many structures of that object be built at a time. Have you messed around with the skirmish coding?

6 hours ago, Stygs said:

After a couple of recent games against the Scrin, I realized the Scrin AI tents to place multiple Growth Accelerators on the same spot. Not sure if thats an old TW bug or related tot my recent changes to the building, but I was kinda wondering if anyone has an idea to stop that. :S

I have noticed that this happens on certain Maps but not on others.

I wonder if this has something to do with the type of tiberium field?

I will have a look at this later.

Edited by Madin

I tried a few stages and it is not happening for me. Give me a name of an official stage that this happens on, then I can run some tests.

A lazy workaround: Growth Accelerators fire weapon on same type and same team (excluded self) in a narrow range around them to eliminate duplicates with a special death type. Use a random delay between shots. Duplicates create an object on that special death type that creates the monetary compensation.

If it has to do with the tiberium field you could replace it with an unbugged version via lua easily on map start automatically (I can explain if needed).

Edited by Mjjstral

On 22.6.2017 at 5:00 PM, Madin said:

I tried a few stages and it is not happening for me. Give me a name of an official stage that this happens on, then I can run some tests.

I noticed it on Tournament Dustbowl (southern start position).

On 22.6.2017 at 0:16 AM, PurpleGaga27 said:

If modded, you might want to limit how many structures of that object be built at a time. Have you messed around with the skirmish coding?

Cant really limit it since the only usefull lmit would be 1 (otherwise the AI can still build all addvaible buildings on the same spot).

I changed BaseBuildingLocation to "TIBERIUM", but havent played enough to notice a difference.

@ Mjjstral

Hmmm, the AI would still be wasting time to build them, but at least not lose money. Sounds like a goog plan B.

Is there any simple way to grant money without having the number appear in the air above the object (like Tibspikes do)?

I have not been able to recreate it (yet I know it happens), I'll keep this issue in mind for a future date, although that would not be any time soon.

3 hours ago, Stygs said:

Is there any simple way to grant money without having the number appear in the air above the object (like Tibspikes do)?

You can spawn the monetary compensation dummy object quite hidden in the down-left corner so players won't notice.

It's a lua oneliner if you have the GetTeamName function:

ExecuteAction("CREATE_OBJECT","MoneyDummy",GetTeamName(self),"0.00,0.00,0.00",0)