Sonic

Letting Go of CNCNZ.com

ey3yA5d.png

I wanted to write something to have my final goodbye and officially sign off as the webmaster, founder and lead administrator of CNCNZ.com. So I decided to write an article addressing stuff such as the closure announcement, change of ownership and my final thoughts. It is short, to the point and hopefully it answers everyone's questions. You can read the entire article right here. And with that I'm done. As I wrote just under a month ago. It has been an honor and privilege to serve as webmaster of this site but now its time to step aside. 

Long live Command & Conquer!
Long live CNCNZ.com!

• Upvote 3

So long, Sonic. It's safe to say your status shall be "Retired Staff".

This community you built and maintained played a large role in my childhood and I have many fond memories here. I've been out of the loop for quite some time and just today read your post about stepping down. I just had to say something though. This site was a big part of my life for a while and I'm glad I was a part of it as a moderator when I was more active and engaged. I was proud to be a part of this wonderful community. 

I wish you nothing but the best in your real life endeavours, Sonic. It doesn't surprise me in the least that people came out to help carry CNCNZ onward when you decided it was your time to step down. You built something great here.

All the best,
TheSovietBlackOut / TheBlackOut

• Upvote 1

I haven't always agreed with how you did things around the site and presented yourself and the team here publicly, Sonic, but you have my respect for creating all of this from 90s early C&C scratch and keeping it running for two whole decades. That's a big achievement and it's yours to keep and look back on as a long learning experience, full of interesting memories. Thank you for keeping the site alive for as long as you did. Means a lot to so many of us.

I realize things have been hard with the larger community having to detach from EA and keep itself going on fumes at times, but you kept us online regardless. Hopefully your personal situation changes for the better soon, and that you find it a welcome change of pace and lifestyle being on the (somewhat) outside a bit and seeing how the site and C&C community further evolves. Sounds kinda relaxing, right? Good luck in whatever new stuff fills out your time!

tenor.gif

Best of luck good sir.... and on a light hearted note, welcome to the staff retirement club. Unfortunately there's no healthcare plan, pension or young nurses to look after us here, we still have to look after ourselves ;)

It always has been an honour working with you since the TSNNZ days. You've done the site, this community and its members proud. 

• Upvote 2

On 08/07/2017 at 0:44 AM, AZ-Stalker said:

I haven't always agreed with how you did things around the site and presented yourself and the team here publicly, Sonic

Not sure how to respond that. What did I do wrong?

cue disney music from frozen...

On 08/07/2017 at 8:18 PM, Sonic said:

Not sure how to respond that. What did I do wrong?

It's not necessarily wrong. You simply can't please greeks and trojans.

@Sonic

I haven't posted since 2008 (well, for the most part since 2005!). I have very fond memories of this site, and still remember conversing with yourself and others back in the 'glory days' as I'd term it - thinking of those such as @Luk3us, @Phreakly, @Saracen.

All the best for the future, and I hope things are looking up for you.

Sam.

A bit late to the party here, but I entirely sympathise with your position Sonic, having made the same decision a few years ago myself. From time-to-time I check in and it was reassuring to see CNCNZ still going strong. Your plea to EA to pull their fingers out and make another game is entirely justified. All the best!

You are fortunate to have found a good team who can continue running the site in your retirement, and I wish them all the best.