Egozi44

Tool that duplicate w3x file while change thier id

Is there any one here who know of/can make a tool that can duplicate few w3x files While change all of their IDs at once? (will be nice if the user could change their names in the UI or if the tool  auto change them to "Pitbul_2"  "Pitbul_3" and so on )

The reason I need such a tool is because I have hard time  duplicate w3x files and give them new IDs when i need unit' X's model twice for whatever reason .

The only two ways (that are known for me at least) to do it is by either change the id in any w3x file manually (which is nightmare), Or by importing and exporting it under different name in max. however when you use max most of the animations will be broken upon save, and it will make the entire work useless unless you just need pale model that don't use animations, and that result in change all the IDs one by one again (Surprise surprise!)

Similar to how changing the unit's size/scale before bibber made his tool was annoy,  such a tool can give modders easier life.

Does anyone here know such a tool?

Edited by Egozi44

Never done it before, could you show/sent me example?

it not just matter of copy paste them all but also change their Id names

Edited by Egozi44

Or just an editor like Notepad++ which can do regex replacements in multiple files at once. No extra tool needed.

Edited by Bibber

On 8.8.2017 at 11:43 PM, Bibber said:

Or just an editor like Notepad++ which can do regex replacements in multiple files at once. No extra tool needed.

I always used the normal Notepad, have no idea how notepad can change all the inner IDs and names of the w3x files so they can all detect each other like the original did (but ofc without replace the originals) without any personal edit.

Edited by Egozi44