TK3600

How to make AI build 2 war factories?

I tried to change the build ratio, but even up to 0.35 the AI only build 1 war factory. I've seen some videos of mods online that has 3 war factories. Where should I change?

Edit:

May I ask a few more question? Is this just me or AI never use dreadnaught, carrier except for bombing ship yard? Siege chopper only sit at base do nothing. Is there a way to change that?

Is there a way to increase AI's eagerness to capture oil derricks?

Edited by TK3600

The AI are prevented from building more than one War Factory for balancing reasons. I can't remember if it is hard coded though.

Dreadnaught is probably only scripted to attack ship yards, you would need to add more scripts for it. Siege Chopper... not sure, it might only be scripted to defend the base or maybe it is hard to script because it has to deploy.

I think the AI's eagerness to do anything is managed with weighting, so you would have to change the weight on Engineers scripted to capture Oil Derricks.

I'm not very well-versed in AI modding, I lost interest in modding before I got very deep into it and it's been so long I'm forgetting details as well, so I can't really give you more specific answers.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:50 PM, Nmenth said:

The AI are prevented from building more than one War Factory for balancing reasons. I can't remember if it is hard coded though.

Dreadnaught is probably only scripted to attack ship yards, you would need to add more scripts for it. Siege Chopper... not sure, it might only be scripted to defend the base or maybe it is hard to script because it has to deploy. 

I think the AI's eagerness to do anything is managed with weighting, so you would have to change the weight on Engineers scripted to capture Oil Derricks.

I'm not very well-versed in AI modding, I lost interest in modding before I got very deep into it and it's been so long I'm forgetting details as well, so I can't really give you more specific answers.

Thanks for the reply! Is there anywhere I can edit AI's build order? It seemed weird there is a max war factory setting if they can only build one. I swear I saw a video of a guy with some naval mod which AI always have 2 war factories.

I looked further into dreadnaught problem. It appears it can only engage naval target and ship yard even though the AI is set to 0,6 which means "attack factory". When I observed AI vs AI battle occasionally it will attack tanks going too close to it. I think I will play around more with 0,1 the attack all code. As for carrier... Only the taskforce exist, no trigger, team type... Someone is being lazy with AI.

Yes, I used the exact method for oil derick, it was a significant improvement. However, I have a new problem. It appears AI ignores machine shop and hospital, but in rare situation would capture them. I looked into code, only Yuri faction has code related to them. I am not sure where to begin to fix that.

May I ask another question? https://github.com/askeladdk/aiedit

What app do I need to use this tool? I think I can do a lot more with it than notepad. 

4 hours ago, TK3600 said:

Is there anywhere I can edit AI's build order?

Probably, but I don't know where.

I swear I saw a video of a guy with some naval mod which AI always have 2 war factories.

There are ways to circumvent almost everything. And if it is hard coded, then people use something like Ares to circumvent it anyway.

Someone is being lazy with AI.

Yes, the default AI is not very fleshed out.

What app do I need to use this tool?

I never used it myself, or any other AI editing tools aside from what can be found in FinalAlert 2.

There is an AI editing tool in final alert? Does work for vanilla RA2 YR? Should I try it?

AI players can be made to build more than one building of a type, which previously was only possible for special buildings like refineries, or using building clones to emulate this. Ares adds new options to support this directly, for each difficulty level, and also with some element of randomness. Pimp your AI by letting it build more War Factories. Also, the buildup and sell time of structures can now be customized, thus making slowly deploying buildings possible. Well, apparently ARES can have AI build extra factory on newest update. I have no idea how to use it. Too bad!

Edited by Plokite_Wolf
Cleared formatting

21 hours ago, TK3600 said:

There is an AI editing tool in final alert?

Yes, but it is used for specific maps, not the game in general. I am not sure how good it is compared to other editing tools since I never used any others.

1 hour ago, TK3600 said:

previously was only possible for special buildings like refineries, or using building clones to emulate this

As I expected. I did think of the idea of using building clones, and I see that seems to have been the go-to trick for modders in the past.

Clone buildings and use the TechLevel=-1 trick for getting the AI to build more factories. Keep in mind that the AI will get units out of EACH factory. Never do this with construction yards. The AI will expand all the over the map.

The naval AI in RA2 is really poor. You basically can't make the naval AI properly bombard land based targets. It was designed to attack sea-based targets. You can add all the triggers and scripts you want, but the AI will almost never attack land based targets. You can partially make it happen but you have to explicitly state land targets (eg; war factory) but it's still very poor at attacking anything but shipyards. I spent hours upon hours trying to make this work but I eventually just gave up. Wasn't worth the hassle. Ares may be able to allow this at some point but if it did, I have no idea when.

When it comes to AI editing, use Notepad. Editors are almost always poor and you don't learn enough. You can do a lot more with the raw text than you'll ever be able to do with some editor.

On 26/09/2017 at 5:55 AM, Doctor Destiny said:

Clone buildings and use the TechLevel=-1 trick for getting the AI to build more factories.

hi! how do i clone a building? i tried changing techlevels of war factories. result: they don't appear in my building tab meaning i can't create them

12 hours ago, boobee said:

result: they don't appear in my building tab meaning i can't create them

That's the intended result.

You clone a building by copy/pasting the factory's code, then you add TechLevel=-1 to the clone so that the player doesn't get two identical factories in their building tab.