Madin

Installing Tiberium wars on Windows 7

TWInstallIssues.jpg

This is far as I can get installing Tiberium wars on windows 7 64bit.

I am using a DVD install, and I have tried disabling the firewall and antivirus, and running the setup as administrator.

Obviously others have got TW working fine on windows 7, so what am I missing?

The 'Updating component registration' hang, seems to be a known issue, that even occurs on other game installs, although none of the suggested solutions that I tried worked.

Edited by Madin
Solved, wait 2 hours....

The retail versions of Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3, and Tiberian Twilight are just like that. It can take up to half an hour to install them on certain systems.

On 03/09/2017 at 7:05 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

It can take up to half an hour to install them on certain systems.

2 ****ing hours!

Edited by Madin

You should have closed all programs and disconnect the Internet before installing. The firewall should also be disabled because then otherwise, everything goes slower. Also if system restore is disabled, C&C3 can be installed immediately without setting a checkpoint which saves quite a bit of time. Also the retail disc must run at maximum speed since a dual-layer DVD should read up to 12X speed.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

3 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

You should have closed all programs and disconnect the Internet before installing. The firewall should also be disabled because then otherwise, everything goes slower. Also if system restore is disabled, C&C3 can be installed immediately without setting a checkpoint which saves quite a bit of time. Also the retail disc must run at maximum speed since a dual-layer DVD should read up to 12X speed.

Interesting information, thanks!

Which is why I just install the steam/origin version and copy the Kane Edition stuff from my OneDrive. Also my Kane Edition disc has a huge scratch.

Edited by Lauren