Trail Jitsu

Cannot get the-103-rev4 to patch on windows 10

It just doesn't work, I've downloaded it countless times and it pops up as an artimes Trojan horse by my antivirus. Please help

4 hours ago, Trail Jitsu said:

It just doesn't work, I've downloaded it countless times and it pops up as an artimes Trojan horse by my antivirus. Please help

Your antivirus is paranoid. Disable it while patching (preferrably, remove it completely and get a proper one). There is nothing unsafe within the patch, the only problem is that Symantec gives a false flag on the TD Funpark missions' special executable, which have since been integrated into the game's expansion mission list.

Please follow this guide on how to properly patch TFD, as the 1.03 patch contents are admittedly largely outdated.

16 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

follow this guide

Did you forget to link said guide?

Now it says it cant run the patch, It says

"cannot install this program, a required file is missing."

"You will have to run this utility again to completely install the first decade 1.03 Revision4.

Did you run both the TFD setup and the patches as administrator?

I got Red alert, and yuris revenge to work. I'm really only interested in generals, zero hour, and RA2. How do I get those to work?

Edited by Trail Jitsu

What if I were to just install RA2, generals, and zero hour and apply the tfd-103-rev4 patch then. Would that make them work?

The same guide applies, you just skip the parts telling you how to install/patch TS etc. So that leaves installing RA2/YR/Gen/ZH, installing GenTool for Gen/ZH, and reading the "Handling Red Alert 2 and Yuri’s Revenge on Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10" section for RA2/YR.

Did you manually install DirectX 9.0c, and are you running Generals as administrator?

No, you need to directly run Generals.exe in both the Generals and Zero Hour directories as admin. The First Decade launcher doesn't affect that (and BTW, you don't need that launcher at all now that you've patched it to 1.03, as no game within TFD requires the DVD after that).

Even if that fails, you can manually create the Options.ini file that early SAGE games sometimes have trouble creating on newer Windows systems: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/12319-how-to-play-generals-zero-hour-in-windows-7-x64/

14 minutes ago, Trail Jitsu said:

I tried finding that setup.exe but couldn't find it.

What setup.exe are you even trying to find, and why?

That's an installation step, not to be used when you already have the game on your PC. The setup.exe is on the disc.

hello, i'm Jaap Daniels...

ever since i reinstalled windows 10 pro (x64) on this pc, everything just like i think i left it before.
the patch will give me the same error: "cannot install this program, a required file is missing."
i followed the guide to the letter, everything seems to be installed but no matter what game of my ultimate collection (origin pack) i install the error keep popping up, and i can't continue.
i also have no clue on what file it might be since each game runs sort of (mouse is buggy at best in some of the classics).

is there a way to trigger debugger or log file? maybe then i can see what is going wrong.
i tried already AUC turned off, anti-virus and firewall off, and windows xp/7 mode...
nothing helps nor will redownload do.
i'm mostly interested in general & zero hour...