12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Mozilla
    • Opera
    • Netscape
    • Other (please state)

Plain and simple, what is your favorite Web Browser. Vote in the poll and explain why.

I prefer Internet Explorer but I'm currently posting this via Firefox, trying to get used to it.

Isn't we already argued about this before......

Anyway, my choice is still the sma, it's Internet Explorer.

Firefox is a little faster and cleaner than IE, but it does lack a number of functions(plugins etc like media player have issues with it), however, it's still much better as you don't time out and lose the data(for me with my job, there's a lot) on a form you're trying to submit. It's never fun to do the work you just did all over again. That's why I primarily use Firefox, I do go back to IE every now and then.

After a couple of days using Firefox I've decide that its my new default browser. Althought I can't ditch IE6 for ever, the Windows Update site only works in IE, well for me anyway.

One thing with Firefox though, I can't get it to install the new themes I download :cry:

I thought firefox was kind of a let down. It mentioned in included a download manager....

But its not really a download manager. I mean its better than IE but it doesn't really do the job... Oh well still got DAP.

Firefox rules! Popup blocker, less viruses, faster performance, etc. What more could you ask for?

To open the download manager, press ctrl+j.

I find Firefox to be slow loading some sites but I can handle that. It's nice not building up spyware and adware or seeing popups around every corner.

CTRL+J does not bring up a Download Manager. It opens the Page Info box and you can download files FROM that but it doesn't manage downloads.

less viruses

Give it time. Once it gets big it'll get more attention. Hence more viruses. Isn't the world a lovely place? :lol:

For me it does. You can pause downloads, cancel or remove it from the list.

Yeah well it only ever works for me sometimes... Not reliable enough for me.

I never thought I'd say this but luk3us is right :lol:

The only reason Internet Explorer gets exploited so much is because everyone uses it, same for Windows. Microsoft's software is just as insecure as every other companies software, the only reason the virues creators target because Microsoft's products are the leaders in most major software programs from operating systems, browsers, office packages etc.....

If Linux was the market leader for operating systems we would see that getting patched everyday. If Firefox was the leading browser we all be saying switch to Internet Explorer.

I'm used to Internet Explorer. It's easy to use, right. But it won't hurt trying the other web browsers.

What's your Firefox version, anyway Chickendippers?

Mozilla Firefox since 0.8 something :)

Nice, quick, tabbed browsing, easy to use.

Only thing I find, is CNCNZ is somewhat slow to load when using it :o

Yeah, I've noticed that it's slow on some websites. But that wasn't enough to stop me from using it.

I'm used to Internet Explorer. It's easy to use, right. But it won't hurt trying the other web browsers.

I've setup Firefox so it looks like IE.

Firefox version 1.0 has been released now, download it from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I did noticed that CNCNZ.com loaded slowly but it was when I first visited it using Firefox, since then its loads up quickly.

Firefox version 1.0 has been released now, download it from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I did noticed that CNCNZ.com loaded slowly but it was when I first visited it using Firefox, since then its loads up quickly.

Oh I know, I meant I've been using it since 0.8 :)

I have 1.0 currently :D

Does anyone here use Thunderbird for e-mail?

I've heard it's F.A.B :lol:

Sorry :wink:

Nope can't say I have... I'm always on the lookout for new software and add ons for current software. What's it like?