Egozi44

Behemoth recovery bug

I think it 4 without the " " indeed (at least from quick look at the lua)

But it still don't works :/

Actually... won't it be simpler to make another behemoth xml that come from the OCL without the weapon as the behemoth don't need to go out from the WF ever again? 0.0

You could try to merge both animations in a new draw just for the coming out of factory state.

You use the "working" coming out of factory animation in your normal draw, then create a new draw with the user_17 animation but hide all the meshes except the bunker mesh. In theory that should/could overlay the bunker animation on the coming out animation?

Regarding the lua command: The last parameter (percentage of horde) is missing:

ExecuteAction("UNIT_SET_MODELCONDITION_FOR_DURATION", self, "USER_17", "4", "100")

And for numbers it doesn't matter if you use quotation marked numbers or pure numbers. It gets converted to double values on the c side of the lua c api nontheless.

Edited by Mjjstral

6 hours ago, Ravendark said:

You could try to merge both animations in a new draw just for the coming out of factory state.

You use the "working" coming out of factory animation in your normal draw, then create a new draw with the user_17 animation but hide all the meshes except the bunker mesh. In theory that should/could overlay the bunker animation on the coming out animation?

In theory it sound like it could work, but I think Breakaway games probably won't give me easy life after making all of this mess, I can just smell new issues popping up Dx

5 hours ago, Mjjstral said:

Regarding the lua command: The last parameter (percentage of horde) is missing:

ExecuteAction("UNIT_SET_MODELCONDITION_FOR_DURATION", self, "USER_17", "4", "100")

And for numbers it doesn't matter if you use quotation marked numbers or pure numbers. It gets converted to double values on the c side of the lua c api nontheless.

So adding this will make it work right? Do you have any idea what we can do next to make it being used only when the Behemoth appear from the war factory?

I still think the fastest-most-laziest-way to fix this issue will be to just make behemoth2 xml, that will appear from the OCL but without the user_17 and the weapon xD

Unless there's any random unit/ability that filter the behemoth from doing anything or getting anything (aside the experience which I will need to readd), I don't see any predictable issue,

Breakaway basically screw up and make the MOK's avatar to spam normal nod avatar that suddenly can take attack bike parts for the vanilla game and nothing special happened :P

Edited by Egozi44

Ok... so maybe it didn't was such a great idea as now when you use hotkeys like Q or W the behemoths will be separate into two categories as they now two different units...

So while I can live with it, if you have any alternative in the lua thing it will be much welcome,

I may try the animation thingy Raven was talking about but I doubt it will work as this model seem buggy...

What that code does though? make the game see this unit as equivalent to the normal behemoth?

This the EquivalentTo  code:

<EntryList id="EquivalentTo" AssetType="GameObjectWeakRef" MaxLength="0" MinLength="0"/>

So  is <EquivalentTo EquivalentTo="Behemoth"/> and I need to put it somewhere before the Draws?

How about you just search the xml files for it? All GDI special powers that spawn veteran units allready use that...

I was sure to look for it before I posted, first I tried to look on the KW's Definitions to see how that code works, after that I tried to see if I could find something in WED or my own xmls to see example but the windows search didn't found it (probably filter it), didn't knew the veteran units used it and what that thing even does as no one explained to me (Sure I could've guess by the name... but I never trust my guesses)

Will try it now, this code just let the game think it the same unit category with other Behemoths without replace it correct?

Will there be any other "side effects" I might bump into?

Edited by Egozi44

1 hour ago, Egozi44 said:

Will try it now, this code just let the game think it the same unit category with other Behemoths without replace it correct?

Will there be any other "side effects" I might bump into?

When in doubt try something out of the box and see the result for yourself. Add EquivalentTo="GDIMammothTank" to the missilesoldier or so and watch what happens. Its sometimes easier and often more hilarious to so for yourself then wait for a forum response.

But ye basicly it tells the game to consider Unit A to be LIKE Unit B in regards to naming.

so stuff like DESC: or TOOLTIP:  etc will use units B's data for that etc. It will count unit A to Unit B's SCORE aswell, so things like favorite unit or unit lost etc. What it will not do is copy the design or engineering parameters, that is what the inherit function is for (which doesnt work for KW iirc, while EquivalentTo does work because its part of the design parameter)

1 hour ago, Ravendark said:

When in doubt try something out of the box and see the result for yourself. Add EquivalentTo="GDIMammothTank" to the missilesoldier or so and watch what happens. Its sometimes easier and often more hilarious to so for yourself then wait for a forum response.

But ye basicly it tells the game to consider Unit A to be LIKE Unit B in regards to naming.

so stuff like DESC: or TOOLTIP:  etc will use units B's data for that etc. It will count unit A to Unit B's SCORE aswell, so things like favorite unit or unit lost etc. What it will not do is copy the design or engineering parameters, that is what the inherit function is for (which doesnt work for KW iirc, while EquivalentTo does work because its part of the design parameter)

Missile mammoth ready for combat  :P

I usually try stuff without wait for response anyway, it just that sometimes you got tired from getting bad results after countless of tries to the point you just want to see something finally "moving" in the right direction so it will drive you again to try more things.

Even after trying the EquivalentTo I would always want to know more about the code so I would know if it have some things it can't do or some "Side effects",

Thanks for the info.

While what I used at the end  to fix the behemoth may be some  lazy workaround to fix it rather than real fix, it works and don't seem to show any other issue.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Egozi44

Well, I think even with EquivalentTo, you need to add the new unit to the ExperienceLevels.xml and I am pretty sure that filters will still consider them different units.

Already done it, afaik the Juggernauts didn't had any special filters in other units/SP attacks or any of the sort (aside the WALKER)