Why do some objects have a missing name when placed in a map and then are invisible ingame? such as the: nod_iondisruptionfieldgenerator, nod_dockhq4 ...
    is it possible to fix?

which file are sound effects stored in? And how to extract them?

how to make tank track marks last longer?

Sound files: You can use Bibber's asset extractor to get sound files out of global.manifest.

Tanktracks: IIRC: for TW you can find those settings in GameLOD.xml and its depended on your graphical settings ea low, medium high etc. KW would have the same file more or less, but i don't think at present the definitions are there for wrathed, so you cant read the xml file from the global.manifest file and even if you would redo the file manually it wont get compiled without the definitions being added to the kw sdk.

Missing objects/names: Missing names is usually due to wrong or missing DESC referenced in the xml but not present in the .csf file. But i checked that quickly and it seems to be in order.

did you alter the disruptionfield generator in anyway in your mod and are you trying to create a map with your mod data in wb?

where is the global.manifest file located?

can the definitions be added to the kw sdk?

Oh, I meant in the KW WB

Edited by commanderKW
correct

Use WrathEd or bibbers big extractor  to extract the the global_common.manifest from Globalstream.big found in your kw installation directory something like Kwinstall/core/1.0/

Then use bibbers asset extractor to have a look in that manifest file and you can use it to extract the Audiofile Types, these are the actual sound and music files used.

Ye the definitions can be added to Wrathed so it can read them from the  gamefiles. But you need to know what to add and how to add them to wrathed.

How can the definitions be added to Wrathed?

In the KW WB, there are a number of civilian objects that are affected. Also see pic for an example

missingname.jpg

And what am i looking at? What is the problem with the building in wb?

1 hour ago, commanderKW said:

How can the definitions be added to Wrathed?

Well if the KW gamelod.xml is identical to TW you could convert the TW xsd schematic into a KW xml definitions and that should work.

If you rly want to understand how those relate to eachother, have a look at TW schematic files and have a look at the the KW definition files, you can find the TW schematics in modsdk/schemas/ folder and the KW ones you can find in your wrathed folder under /tools/game/kane's wrath/ folder

Edited by Ravendark

Look to the bottom bar; the name is missing.

try it yourself with the KW WB: place that structure in a map, then load the map ingame

I recall I tried so many ways to solve this bug....

Seem to be coded

Only way that may work will be to add the w3x files again (change ALL of their ids) and set the xml to use them, I recall I tried it and it still didn't work but my memory may be off.

So far there's no easy way to edit it, some people like Bibber said that notepad++ can do the job but from my tests that incorrect, it may make few things easier but still require you to check most files one by one... (which is why I asked if someone can make tool that will detect the id and will just add "_2" next to it, but no one seem to be interest :/ )

Edited by Egozi44

You need to add the name to the string hash table. WrathEd in it's current publicly available version doesn't do that automatically, so you have to do it manually.

16 hours ago, Lauren said:

You need to add the name to the string hash table. WrathEd in it's current publicly available version doesn't do that automatically, so you have to do it manually.

How do I do this? Where is the string hash table?