Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Half-Life 2 - Game of the Year?

EDIT: Only one more day to go!

Its only one week until the most anticipated game of 2003 and 2004 finally releases. Most of the early reviews are calling Half-Life 2 the best game ever made, and it tops Half-Life by a mile.

I can't wait to play it, I don't all excited over game releases but something feels different about Half-Life 2.

I truly believe that Half-Life 2 will live up to its hype and it will be everything that people want it to be. You would be stupid not to buy this game.

I have my copy of the Collectors Edition all pre-order and after this Wednesday it will be paided for.

With Half-Life 2 about to be released it makes that over hyped Doom 3 and distand memory.

Yep Yep :D

I've got DVD's, old Games, you name it ready to trade in for this monster title... I would pay money, but then I have to say, this wedding has made me a bit skint :wink:

But nevertheless I'm racking up my excitement for this game. I just hope my card can cope with what's thrown at it.... I want it now!!! :cry:

Doom 3 ended poorly and it shows, it's virtually invisible and stores are now over stocked. It's 6 years on and Half-life can still be barely kept on the shelves.

Half-life 2 will sell better than any other game, and will likely crush Halo 2 in sales, despite the excessive hype Halo is getting.

I cannot wait to start running through the streets of City 17. I can't wait to hear the G-man's voice. 7-8 more days any I'll be wearing my T-shirt and staring at my computer screen for hours on end. It'll be fun no matter what.

As Sonic pointed out elsewhere, for us Kiwi's at Gpstore, it has been pushed back to the 17th. (Even if it was released on the 16th, us kiwis would have to wait roughly until 9pm for it to be released stateside, so it could be unlocked for us :/ )

i have to save up for it, i just spent all my cash on roller coaster tycoon 3.

I possibly wont be getting it until December, when I start work, as atm I have no money :[

Meh I'll too busy playing GTA San Andreas.... I'll get it when I get it I suppose. (March 2005)

Meh I'll too busy playing GTA San Andreas.... I'll get it when I get it I suppose. (March 2005)

I won't get it until It comes out on PC, which is May 05 ish.

Wonder how they will work the 2player aspect for PC that they have on PS2?

I possibly wont be getting it until December, when I start work, as atm I have no money :[

Don't worry I'll tell you all about it when I get it next week :lol: Only joking of course. I wouldn't dare spoil it for everyone else.

Oh yeah, since I had $100 credit at GPStore I ordered Halo 2 tonight, I was going wait a few weeks but after seeing small feature on TV about it I had to get it.

I'll be buying an XboX with my copy of Halo 2, just because the TV ads look so good.

Man, It'll be hard on the pocket, but I'm sure I'll be happier in the long run.

Halo 2 is the reason I bought my XBOX :wink:

I should have Halo 2 in the day or so, however when Half Life 2 arrives next week my focus will shift to that.

i dunno if my pc will run half-life 2 well :cry:, and thanks for changing my forum rank to "master chief" sonic :D

HL2 Specs:

Minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor

256MB RAM

DirectX 7 capable graphics card

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Internet Connection

Preferred System Configuration

2.4 GHz Processor

512MB RAM

DirectX 9 capable graphics card

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Internet Connection

Does that help? Will ur comp run it?

i just make the Minimum.

1.2 GHz Processor

256MB RAM

radeon 9200

Windows XP

I should be ok with my system....

- 2.2 GHz Processor

- 512MB RAM

- Geforce 4 Ti4200 128 MB

- Windows XP

I can run FarCry ok so I'm confident Half-Life 2 will run problem free.

I should be ok with my system....

- 2.2 GHz Processor

- 512MB RAM

- Geforce 4 Ti4200 128 MB

- Windows XP

I can run FarCry ok so I'm confident Half-Life 2 will run problem free.

Ditto :).

'Cept I'm 200mhz less, but that shouldn't matter too much.

And my PC is fully tweaked out from Doom3 & FarCry, so it should run just fine.

Sonic, have you seen 'Vampire: The Masquerade' ? Looks to be a good game too, HL2 engine..... :D

Only one more day to go untill Half-Life 2 arrives! I'm really excited and looking forward to it.

If you want something interesting to read to pass the time check out this 25 page article tracing the history of Half-Life 2, its early days, development, the September 30th 2003 release date drama, the hacking of Valve's network, right up to the day Valve were finally done.

The Final Hours of Half-Life 2: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/index.html

Its a lot to read but worth it :thumbsup:

mmmm collectors edition, reserved.

My system at the moment

P4 2.6

1Gig low latency Ram

a few hard drives

Gf4 Ti4200.

lets see in a few weeks that should be a [email protected] ghz, watercooled with a 6800 Gt

Well, My collector's edition is in at the store, I just can't pick it up untill tomorrow morning.

Can't wait.... preordered, and my system is all ready for it:

3.0E GHz

Radeon 9800 Pro

1 GB RAM

Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Surround

This game will be epic

mmm.... HalfLife 2.... *cue Homer Simpson drooling sound effect*

I in a bit of a delima which I didnt think it was possible with buying half-life 2 as Ive since Ive just bought Halo 2 and I only have enough cash for one game and my friends 19th birthday. I cant not go to my friends birthday which leaves me with what game to buy as Metroid prime 2 is coming out on the 26th (I think).

Better play some online halo 2 to help me think :D