Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Half-Life 2 - Game of the Year?

yeah, I'm with you chickendippers. I've never been that impressed with Halo anyway. It's something about the aliens being like little neon 4 year olds who squeak when you shoot them.... I dunno. It's just a bit too weird. And besides all that, Half Life 2 is just so... *agian, cue Homer drooling*

You know a game is good when you're having trouble not playing it.

You know a game is good when you're having trouble not playing it.

You just having issues with Steam, or the game itself - it terms of bugs?

No, I'm having problems getting myself to do other things I need to do.,

No, I'm having problems getting myself to do other things I need to do.,

Hahaha, fair enough.

Where abouts are you up to at the moment?

Curse all of you HL2 owners as there are too many of uses downloading the game through steam and I cant get connected to play Counter-Strike !!!!

What a bull**** install process for Half-Life 2. Took forever to get it working. This image sums up HL2's install and unlocking process over Steam.

normal_hl2deathwait.jpg

Once you get past all that.....WOW :D:D:D

Totally brilliant game, everything is just great. Runs fine on my setup in med details.

The only thing isn't in the game is the ability to lean to your left your right around corners, like you can do in FarCry. I would have liked to have that available to me.

Overall Half-Life 2 puts Doom 3 to shame. Doom 3 was nothing but a sub-standard shooter with fancy graphics. Half-Life 2 is a brilliant game and the visuals are just as impressive, probably because your not spending all your time poking around in the dark with a torch.

I'd say "now" would be a little late, you should've gotten it 2 hours ago ;)

I think that is what Sonic would say :bouncer:

What a bull**** install process for Half-Life 2. Took forever to get it working. This image sums up HL2's install and unlocking process over Steam.

normal_hl2deathwait.jpg

Once you get past all that.....WOW :D:D:D

Totally brilliant game, everything is just great. Runs fine on my setup in med details.

The only thing isn't in the game is the ability to lean to your left your right around corners, like you can do in FarCry. I would have liked to have that available to me.

Overall Half-Life 2 puts Doom 3 to shame. Doom 3 was nothing but a sub-standard shooter with fancy graphics. Half-Life 2 is a brilliant game and the visuals are just as impressive, probably because your not spending all your time poking around in the dark with a torch.

I'm getting it tomorrow, so hopefully (and according to Valve.....) the Steam problems are fixed atm :)

It took 5 hours for the steam db to authenticate my key. I had been playing the whole time though...

I'm in the middle of chapter 9 now. It's such an addictive experience. how do they do it?

It took 5 hours for the steam db to authenticate my key. I had been playing the whole time though...

I'm in the middle of chapter 9 now. It's such an addictive experience. how do they do it?

Well, they put 5 years into it!

(I think they coated the stuff in e-nicotene.)

Im buying it through steam today. How much free space do I need on my hard drive for the game?

Only four hours to go before its downloaded Im just downloading Half-life 2 just now and illinstall the SDK and CS source later.

Why download it? It can't take more than 1 hour to go to a shop and buy it - and then you get a nice box to keep the CD in :)

Unless you're getting a collector's edition it's cds. 5 of them.

DVD version is the way to go. I'm sick of these games on 5 or 6 CDs.

For those of us with Half-Life 2, where abouts in the game are you upto?

I'm upto the part past the lighthouse, killed off a Combine GunShip, went down a small cliff side path behind the lighthouse, now I'm crossing the sand without disturbing those damn Antlions.

I haven't really found any part of the game that hard, I did have a small amount of trouble fighting the Combine GunShip on the highway using the wrecked cars as cover. I'm playing on the normal setting. Most of the puzzles are simple enough to figure out aswell.

I've just done the bit with the big crane on "Route 17". I would be further, but I've been busy all weekend and haven't had any time to play it.

Yeah I've only been playing it in small bits. I can't sit and play for hours on end with any game, and hour here another other 30 mins there is best for me.. Plus I take my time exploring the areas and blowing away anything that whats to pick a fight with me :lol:

I completed the game yesterday 8)

There are a number of hard parts later on especialy a few bits in nova prospect which I wont spoil for anyone. The ending is good which makes up for the disapointment of halo 2 ending.

How many of you will be playing CS: source after finishing the game?