Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Half-Life 2 - Game of the Year?

How many of you will be playing CS: source after finishing the game?

Not interesting in playing CS: Source, didn't even install it. I've never played the original Counterstrike anyway.

Just finished. It's really weird. The ending is so open ended and you're actually fighting right up to the end, but You're left with so many thoughts and questions, but I'm feeling completely and totally satisfied.

Yes, the game is rough is a few spots, but the puzzles are fun and awesome. The weapons totally kick ass, the story drags you in immediately and just.... Wow. Wow.

GotY 2004, hands down.

I'm officially stuck!

I'm stuck in an area which I assume is the base of the Citidel building and your making your way up. Its after the part where DOG opens a part of the wall and you slip under, then go down a hole or something, then make your way through a small maze of corridors etc...

I've reached an area with this blue electric beam thing. I can't figure out where to go next. What have I missed?

Its probably something so simple.

With the conveyance system? wait for one set to start moving by, run across the bridge and grab the one that goes off to the left, not the one that goes through the sterilization beam.

That simple? I knew it :oops:

Thanks for the tip.

Just finished. It's really weird. The ending is so open ended and you're actually fighting right up to the end, but You're left with so many thoughts and questions, but I'm feeling completely and totally satisfied.

Yes, the game is rough is a few spots, but the puzzles are fun and awesome. The weapons totally kick ass, the story drags you in immediately and just.... Wow. Wow.

GotY 2004, hands down.

I'm in total agreement about the ending. Yes I finished last night. I won't say anything about the ending for those who are yet to finish the game.

But it leaves you wanting more!

Game of the Year.... damn right :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hopefully they will do an expansion, and I hope it will be Opposing Force 2 with Sheppard. Because if you ever finshed Opposing Force you will know the Sheppard went with the G-Man at the end.

Hopefully they will do an expansion' date=' and I hope it will be Opposing Force 2 with Sheppard. Because if you ever finshed Opposing Force you will know the Sheppard went with the G-Man at the end.[/quote']

Yeah, and an expansion of Barney perhaps, and how he came to be an undercover spy in the metro police :D

im getting half-life 2 today, im gonna trade in a few old games to get it :D

Yeah, and an expansion of Barney perhaps, and how he came to be an undercover spy in the metro police :D

Or what he does in the missing week. That seems more likely for Barney. and/or a Sheppard return. It might be nice if they had a game as Dog.

*Spoiler Alert*

They really should have something explain what happens when the citadel falls.

*End Spoiler Alert*

I really hope they don't leave the rest of the story untold.

ya i like it it was cool and fun and my boyfriend has the game and he liked it too and he like those kind of games and i think hes at the end al already but i dont know

I won't install the Counterstrike Scource. Never gonna. I'd rather play multiplayer in XIII. So cool. Anyway, have any of you seen PC Gamer's review? They said it was the best game ever and gave it 98% rating, the highest rating ever given to a game.

Not really no.... I could name at least 2 other games given 100% Although neither have been on the PC

GTA: San Anrreas - Got 2 or 3 100% marks from mags

Micro Machines 2 - 100% was given in the official Sega Magazine and Mean Machines Sega Magazine

There was a game on the old C64 but I can't remember what the title was :P

As for Half life 2 I'm stuck on that first room of barrels where ya have to get through that large pipe... can't figure out how to raise the water.... funny how you've all got past it and here's me spending an hour a time trying to figure it out :?

Is there not a walkthrough up on somewhere like gamefaqs yet?

I think u have to go down into a room that's full of pipes and there's a valve you have to turn which floods the place. Then somehow you can get into the next area (that's the part I've forgotten) and release some barrels from the bottom of the water (a la Half Life) to get out onto the land.

Micro Machines is a top-class game and does deserve 100% :)

I wouldn't give San Andreas 100%, there are things that can be improved - Half Life is closer to 100% I feel. Multi-format magazines don't seem to have given Half Life 2 as much importance as San Andreas on launch, depite the fact that Half Life 2 is a much more influential title.

I was just coming back to say don't worry I found a valve.... but somehow you just wasted a minute or 2 writing that. :lol:

now I've got a valve that's busted and I can't open a gate.... something to do with those generaors :roll:

I'm sorry but am I missing a point here, Half life 2 isn't as good as I expected. The original still kicks this one's ass clean off the planet... maybe it'll pick up when I meet the doctor... but I'm enjoying Killzone more than this at the moment :?

Wait until you play through Ravenholm, Highway 17 etc.... trust me Half-Life 2 rocks.

You do realise the gameplay is just like the original Half-Life.

Not good enough I think. There isn't much action game that inrest me, only some. Like Freedom Fighter and MGS.

Wait until you play through Ravenholm, Highway 17 etc.... trust me Half-Life 2 rocks.

You do realise the gameplay is just like the original Half-Life.

I'm aware the gameplay is the same, but the story, atmosphere and tension that was created in the first Half life doesn't seem to be anywhere as excellent in HL2....

But as they say... nothing, no matter how good, is as good as the originals..

**EDIT** OK just er got half way through Ravenholm... I'm having the crap scared outta me by the venomous Headcrabs. They are a total bitch! and even worse when attached to people... what was that about atmosphere and tension :P

OK just er got half way through Ravenholm... I'm having the crap scared outta me by the venomous Headcrabs. They are a total bitch! and even worse when attached to people... what was that about atmosphere and tension :P

Best weapon to fend off those venomous headcrabs is the crowbar, just as they jump at you take a swing at them, one hit kills them.

Those crazy zombies that running screaming at you are the most freaky and annoying.

Especially when you're up playing it at midnight and you're tired... you're awareness drops and they scare the crap outta ya even more, cos when you hear them scream you're looking around and are unable to find nothing, then you just see something coming straight towards you from above....

I still need more convincing though before I can say Half life 2 is better than its predocessor :P

Those jumping screaming ones *shudder* I shat myself everytime I heard the screaming :P

In the mine where there are unlimited head crabs I stood at the top of the stairs swinging my crowbar wracking up kills while they jumped at me :P