Plok

CNCNZ.com Turns 20!

news20anniv.jpg

On 27 October 1997, a small fansite called TiberianSun.Net.NZ was created by @Sonic, in anticipation for the then-upcoming Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Now, 20 years later, we are a site that aims to cover the entire Command & Conquer series and its surrounding community. Twenty years is no small feat for any website, especially one run by fans. Many other C&C fansites went down due to their owners running out of time or, worse yet, enthusiasm, and although we were in danger ourselves not too long ago, we prevailed. We are now one of the few dedicated Command & Conquer fansites running, and we have no intention of stopping. We're also the second-longest running C&C fansite in total, with only the French CnCSaga.com being older than us by about one year.

What does the future hold? Who knows. We already have some things prepared to upgrade the site's content, not least of which being the currently work-in-progress Downloads section that many of you may have seen already. We intend to form the site to a source on the C&C series like it's never been before, so keep an eye out for updates.

What does the present hold, though? Well, to celebrate this huge milestone, we'll be hosting a game night tonight (October 27th) at 19:00 UTC, and the game of choice will be Tiberian Sun via CnCNet (Firestorm games optional), as it was the game that led to this site's creation. The games will be casual and fun in nature, so anyone interested can join and play. Make sure you set it up properly beforehand, so check out our guide for installing and patching. Hop by on our Discord server for coordination and chit-chat. Also, if you're just joining us after some time of absence, we've launched C&C Radio earlier this month, and interviewed Frank Klepacki on his past and current work, so check that content out as well!

Happy birthday, CNCNZ. And congratulations for this achievement. 20 years keeping a site with this kind of activity, full of content being constantly generated and keeping the site interesting for all this time.... it demands a lot of effort and a hell of a motivation (specially when those responsible for the covered subjects, aka EA, doesn't help at all for a couple of years already). Congrats! :)

Edited by Banshee
  • Upvote 1

Happy Birthday, CNCNZ. I still love this site and forums ever since I first came here.

The game night was very enjoyable. We didn't have huge player numbers, but it was a lovely bunch of people having a great time.

In the last game, these nice shots were taken. The defeated neogrant took aerial footage of Tore's forces doing a Leeroy Jenkins on the base of the AZ-Zee axis, somewhere on Tiberium Gardens Redux.

SCRN0000.png

SCRN0006.png

I may not have been here for all 20 years, but in memory of the 11 years I have, I will use my very first avatar on this site for the remainder of the month.

i love that this site has been going for so long and a Big Tanks to Sonic for keeping it alive and i hope he is enjoying his break. let hope we can keep it going for another 20, and maby a few games in between. :)

Happy Birthday, CNCNZ 20th Anniversary !!!
Long Live CNCNZ, Long Live Westwood Studios, Long Live Kane, Long Live Brotherhood of Nod !!!

forums.cncnz_.comnews20anniv.jpg.bda38774e-3a149c8d4f91d2d7738c9b1baa712dbe02565027.jpg