Sign in to follow this  
FunkyFr3sh

DDrawCompat - Improve game performance and fix win 8/10 bugs

I didn't know where to post it since it actually works with all classic westwood games (td, ra, ts, ra2, dune 2000). 

DDrawCompat is a DirectDraw proxy dll just like cnc-ddraw, ts-ddraw, ddwrapper. It improved the performance dramatically for everyone who tested it yet (went over 14000 FPS in ra1 for me!!). It also solves the alt+tab bugs on windows 8/10 (and the menu bugs too). 

It should work fine on Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. (We had no one to try Vista yet) 

Even if you don't have any issues with the games, it's still worth a try. It prevents slow downs in big battles online or even in skirmish with AI. 

Give it a try: 
https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/releases

Note: use the latest experimental release 

• Like 1

Nice one, will try it out later in the week. Moved to C&C General Discussion, since it affects multiple titles.

Update: As it turned out, I get the same functionality / CCConfigFull.exe with the aforementioned ddraw.dll.

But since this comes with its own ddraw.dll, doesn't it preclude the use of the extended functionality of the C&C 1 1.06 patch, which comes with its own ddraw.dll? I was just asking a very similar question with the same underlying technical problem here: 

Edited by brazzjazz
that's why