Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Is A New C&C Game In Development?

Disc throwers are useless. The disc travel time is way too high vs someone who spreads out and micros, light infantry is a lot more cost efficient. (Similar issue in TD, though the Grenadiers at least do more damage when they hit something). A Cyborg Commando has only 4x the health and can only kill 1 light infantry unit at a time. It fires once each 3.3 seconds. It needs ~50s to kill all of them. Assuming 16 light infantries (with money left over) do 128 dps, it would take them about 5 seconds to kill the Cyborg Commando. So even a few dying, coming late to the party, or whatever would overwhelm a Cyborg Commando with ease. In TS all units in a higher tech level have this issue. Sure they do more damage and have more health, but they also cost quite a lot more to produce. Additionally the time and credits invested in tech invested in more inf/rax/hon increases that discrepancy. Tanks that can crush them in TS are also not fast enough to crush enough of them.

Cyborg Commando's do splash damage, they do not only damage one infantryman at a time. Same applies to disc throwers, sure you can mico to avoid them, but they can also be microed themselves for better range etc and they will most of the time hit a bunch of charging light infantry. The reason I brought them up is because if they are used right they are a decent multi purpose unit and are often used to support light infantry.

Sure you can spend all your money on light inf, but if they meet a wall of Titans alone there isn't much they can do. I'm not saying light inf are useless as I said they are great if you manage to surprise the enemy and even as units to support higher tier units. Any decent player will be expecting an infantry rush and will have infantry there to counter them.

In TS, there's a stupid mechanic which allows you to sell your Tech Center but retain all the units and buildings it allows you to build. Not sure if it applies if the Tech Center is destroyed forcibly...

This applies not only to tech centers, but every building that unlocks any tech in games pre-RA2. Tech is only lost if tech structures are gone and every production facility of a type is gone.

As for anything I said about ZH it is based upon very fuzzy memories from ages ago, but I do remember the hum-vee thing too and something about quad cannons having insane DPS. TS is a bit fuzzy too. The C&C game I have played the most online is C&C1.

and no I do not play "no rush" games.

Edited by Tore

8 hours ago, Lauren said:

Oh no, SW Gen builds a SW and then has to wait 4 mins to do something with that. For that cash you can just crush the SW player esp as all units are more expensive.

While others get only one superweapon for $5000, she gets two for that price. Stacking superweapons isn't easy to pull off with low eco, but since Alexis is a defence-oriented general and doesn't waste much cash on vehicles, and considering how devastating only one Particle Cannon is (particularly against GLA), I believe you underestimate her.

Well if you let an SW happen that player deserves to win. SWs in Generals were really poor in performance, as that difference in unit/eco spending was huge in Gens/ZH, even for Alexis.

IDK why are we still comparing the balancing between C&C games.

As I said earlier (in my early posts), Generals/Zero Hour still has the most flawed balancing in all of C&C. The balancing becomes significantly better with community-based mods. It's one of the least-played C&C games I have ever played. Where's the fun in Generals/Zero Hour when bugs and balancing are at their worst?

Edited by PurpleGaga27

20 hours ago, Lauren said:

SWs in Generals were really poor in performance

Chinese nukes were poor against the GLA with the longest recharge and not being able to take out holes. But the Scud Storm was great against pretty much anything, it was even borderline cheap in the hands of the Demolition General and Toxin General as they could take out enemy superweapons in one strike. 

You still have to defend it for 5 minutes. In that time the game could easily be over.

Same could be said for any C&C  game. The match ending in 5 minutes is down to player skill/tactics (and luck if you wish), not the performance of the Superweapons. 

On 13/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, PurpleGaga27 said:

As I said earlier (in my early posts), Generals/Zero Hour still has the most flawed balancing in all of C&C. The balancing becomes significantly better with community-based mods. It's one of the least-played C&C games I have ever played. Where's the fun in Generals/Zero Hour when bugs and balancing are at their worst?

Ask the community of players that are still playing it competitively over at https://www.gamereplays.org/cnczerohour/

It's a lot more balanced than Tiberian Sun, for example.

I advise you to do the same. The ZH players are fully aware of the imbalances of 1.04, and how Humvees trump everything, and how certain generals aren't viable. They are all aware of 1.06, but for some reason they don't use it.

Just because something is played competitively doesn't mean it's balanced. Case in point: domination of the Black Hand subfaction in the Kane's Wrath meta.

Source: I've been staff at GameReplays and C&C:Online in the formative years of the latter.

On 16/11/2017 at 10:58 AM, Plokite_Wolf said:

Just because something is played competitively doesn't mean it's balanced. Case in point: domination of the Black Hand subfaction in the Kane's Wrath meta.

I never said that. I just pointed out that it's more balanced than Tiberian Sun.

My point to ask the people still playing it competitively was an answer to the question "Where's the fun in Generals/Zero Hour when bugs and balancing are at their worst?"

Right, right.

Once again, another source for a new C&C speculation: https://www.christiantoday.com/article/command-and-conquer-game-rumors-eas-new-game-secretly-in-the-works/121794.htm

I wouldn't bet for a C&C remake, but if Greg Black already hinted his followers clues, I doubt it. The C&C game some people want for a remake is C&C4.

C&C3 and RA3 did a good job telling me to keep my expectations low on C&C4 (before it released) so I'm gonna do it again, not expecting anything with the same standards as Red Alert or Tiberian Dawn if a new C&C is gonna come out.

Has anyone been paying more attention to Greg's twitter feed? November 12th: Retweets about the Westwood's Dune.  December 5th: Tweets about C&C music on Amazon. January 2nd: Excited to get back to work. January 4th: Tweets about Act on Instinct. January 5th: Shares a RA3 vod by the Generals Gentlemen.

Going to EA again sure is making the man nostalgic. He barely mentions C&C at all during all of 2016 but starting in mid 2017 he starts tweeting quite a bit about the series, making like 4 tweets in June-August alone which would roughly correspond with the period during which he would be interviewing and accepting the job at  EA. But is there more to it than mere nostalgia?

Edited by klandri

Yeah, it's as if he's trying to communicate something he's not officially allowed to mention.

On 11/8/2017 at 6:36 PM, Luvaskot said:

Anyone can just play another genre of games than RTS, to play single player and campaign if who is interested in scenario. There are plenty of adventure games with epic story and singleplayer. How come you rate EA:LA C&Cs lower than TA where you just can make 1 production facility of each kind and even no fog of war. Buggy game play, etc. 2D C&C games were wrecked pretty hard by StarCraft both in story and multiplayer.

I don't understand that being a Petroglyph fanboy either. They are not the Westwood spirit. Maybe the coffee boy from Westwood is at Petroglyph and the music composer, that is all. Most of the ex-Westwood staff are now working for Blizzard, not fot the Petroglyph. Why they need to rip off things EA does while they are always claiming to be Westwood. Take some of those concepts like pitbull from cnc3 - but make the model a lot crappier/blockier and texture it with 1 monotone color and lets call it a day. Even in game voices are EA rip-offs.

post-72661-1508421075.jpg

Is that Westwood spirit? Or this:

image.thumb.png.228239b51909932bdee1b9afd3a4f523.png

I don't know, the game is getting some positive praise thus far on Early Access. Say what you will about Petroglyph, at least they are still making RTS games.

4 hours ago, neojames82 said:

I don't know, the game is getting some positive praise thus far on Early Access.

They'll always get praise from deranged Westwood fanboys.

4 hours ago, neojames82 said:

Say what you will about Petroglyph, at least they are still making RTS games.

Say what you will of Activision, they're still making yearly Call of Duty games :rolleyes:

On 17.01.2018 at 6:45 AM, neojames82 said:

I don't know, the game is getting some positive praise thus far on Early Access. Say what you will about Petroglyph, at least they are still making RTS games.

If they will make a good RTS with the money they earned from the bunch of cheap RTS they made lately, I can support theier decision. Because they failed hard in Grey Goo and thay cost them a lot. 

Early spoiler alert, I found this in a survey I was taking (a 3rd-party site via PointClub) and the question did mention a potential new C&C mobile game is in the works.

Capture.PNG

Has anyone knew this message before, or was this message new?

This idea of a C&C mobile game may or may not be true, but I am probably certain that Greg Black and his team is working on a C&C game of some kind.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Oh please no.

Maybe they could be making both a mobile game and a real game though? This series is going into hibernation mode for another 8+ years if they just release some shitty phone game.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, klandri said:

Oh please no.

Maybe they could be making both a mobile game and a real game though? This series is going into hibernation mode for another 8+ years if they just release some shitty phone game.

You are right..........the problem is EA guys DOES NOT HAVE THAT MUCH ."...............".................to make new CNC. So thats why. they  are focusing on only mobile platform.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 12:34 AM, Plokite_Wolf said:

They'll always get praise from deranged Westwood fanboys.

Say what you will of Activision, they're still making yearly Call of Duty games :rolleyes:

I love how you mock Westwood fanboys and mock people hating EA yet you have a huge hate boner for Petroglyph it is borderline sad.

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, neojames82 said:

I love how you mock Westwood fanboys and mock people hating EA yet you have a huge hate boner for Petroglyph it is borderline sad.

Petroglyph is incompetent. So was post-acquisition Westwood (Tiberian Sun and Earth & Beyond, anyone?)

I mock people who claim EA did what they didn't. People need to stop being sheep and stop making up things to slag off EALA, who was the actual victim of EA's business practices. EALA did a great job with the time windows they got from EA, and your idols and gods at Westwood would've exploded by then because they couldn't take it.

Stop gripping your Westwood waifu pillows and get real, people.

There's a possibility it will feature some highly stable and easily traded in-game currency that becomes the de facto world currency after a massive global economic collapse makes all other standard currencies explode into a hyperinflation that even makes Robert Mugabe shake his head in disgust. It is possible EA will take advantage of their position as the effective world bank to become the new world superpower. Possibly a military enforcement arm would need to be employed to make sure no one tries to develop counterfeit in-game currencies in black market sweat shops. It is possible Blizzard would raise a counter-revolutionary army to fight back, secretly developing a game with an alternate currency to undermine the power EA holds over the planet. It is possible a special ops task force that answers straight to Andrew Wilson will infiltrate Blizzard and assassinate the development teams so EA can continue to reign supreme. Possibly Blizzard would respond by seeding rebellion among all the small companies EA bought out over the years and secretly transporting weapons and equipment in to them for sabotage and guerilla warfare. There is a possibility one rogue EA developer will implant a bug into EA's game that breaks the system and causes everyone to lose faith in EA's currency. Possibly Bethesda will attempt to manufacture bottle caps as a currency replacement. This effort would fail - there is no possibility bottle caps will make a good currency. But possibly a bunch of C&C modders will band together and develop a C&C mod with a superior currency system and possibly escape notice because the one thing EA does right is not mess with C&C modders. The perfect C&C mod could possibly save the world and issue in the dawn of a new age where every person on the planet plays C&C, not because they want to, but because they can't buy a loaf of bread without first constructing a Refinery to hold their funds.

It's possible...

• Upvote 3