Mjjstral

Connecting Objects Problem / Logic Circuits Mod

I'm currently trying to create a prototype of a logic circuits mod for Kane's Wrath. You will basically have different elements you can connect via cables. One Example: A "switch" and an "enemy detector" connected via an AND gate and the output cable leads to an "sound alarm" element. Functionally it will look like in games like Minecraft (redstone logic) or Starmade, see here:

927a1d44274397a12fed7d37711658c0.png.b6471f017b5f59cc2b31b30d04ed5f8b.png

Now my problem: I need to connect the elements somehow via cables creating a hook up, latch or click in effect that somehow (likewise via modelcondition) triggers a lua event. I will handle the whole logic in lua then. Let's brainstorm !

Also what parts do you think should be added ? (so far on my list: lua computer terminal (like in ComputerCraft, each computer with own lua file), Gates, Structure Status Detector, AND, OR, NOT, switch, toggle switch, sound alarm, structure enabler/disabler, structure command giver (build commands...), unit command giver, laser trigger, team command giver, unit counter, seller, repairer, light (with rgb code connectors), text displayer)

If someone wants to help me especially with the model creation and also xml coding wise (beside this forum), feel free to contact me (also consider joining the SAGE modding discord).

5 hours ago, Mjjstral said:

If someone wants to help me especially with the model creation and also xml coding wise (beside this forum), feel free to contact me (also consider joining the SAGE modding discord).

Would need to know more of what you need in terms of models.

What is your actual issue? From what you describe it would be quite easy to just do a "connect" special power.