Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Mozilla Firefox 57 (codenamed Quantum) might change the outlook of browsing?

Well I am pretty sure Quantum isn't named by a James Bond title "Quantum of Solace".

Ever since Firefox 4.0, only three design changes were made and 53 versions later, it still look like the same old browser. Starting in Mozilla Firefox 57, I might as well call it Firefox 7.0. Not only it's using a new design, it's also using a new web engine, probably to compete with Microsoft Edge using less RAM. Some people are saying it should edge Google Chrome on RAM usage by a reduction up to 30% (and that's a decent percentage -- I expected at least 50%).

Article: http://www.pcgamer.com/firefox-quantum-is-the-first-browser-in-years-to-threaten-chrome/

I am currently trying out Firefox 57 as a portable app and see what it runs like. I still use Firefox 56 portable to run Tiberium Alliances.

7 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

Well I am pretty sure Quantum isn't named by a James Bond title "Quantum of Solace".

What about Nuka-Cola Quantum? Are you pretty sure it isn't named after that equally arbitrary and unrelated item too?

It's fast, I give it that. Problem is... it breaks a shitload of extensions. Not going to 57 on my desktop if I can help it. If ESR keeps the old style, I'll remain on Firefox but if ESR goes the way of ruining extensions, Firefox will be a thing of the past.

There is a review video between Firefox Quantum and Chrome, i think that firefox has a re-born at this version. It look new.

Chrome has fuck all on the newest iteration of Firefox. I still prefer Vivaldi over the others though. I got multi-row tabs on it so I might just use it full time regardless.