Sign in to follow this  
Stygs

Cant compile mods anymore

Hi guys, I got a very weird problem and no idea whats causing it.

I startet modding TWA again a couple of days ago, but something changed today because suddenly, the compiler is unable to find the orginal TW assets - everything modded that usses vanilla assets is invisible and giving me the usual "Warning: Unknown asset:" message. However, new assets work fine and unmodded vanilla objects are displayed correctly (so its not caused by corrupted game files).

The weidest thing is that it worked yesterday (make a video for my cluster missile) and its not related to TWA (happens with my other testmods too).

Reinstalled the SDK and tried the mod studio, but same problem.

The only thing I remember is installing a bunch of windows updates, but I cant think of any reasons why they would break the SDK :/

Edited by Stygs

Sounds like you are taking a soft approach, to a hard problem!

Back up the parts of your Mod SDK folder (and App data folder), that you do not want to lose, and then wipe out everything. Start with a truly clean Tiberium wars install. Update to 1.9 if necessary, and then install the mod SDK, and try to compile a simple mod (without mod studio), if it works, progress from there in terms of adding additional items.

The mod sdk does not require TW, it just checks for some registry entry. I have my mod sdk on my onedrive and usually make a local copy in a fresh install even before installing TW itself.

Seems to work again after replacing the Buildmods and Tools folders with the ones Lauren supplied.  :thumbsup:

No idea what exactly caused it, but lets hope it works for now.

Edited by Stygs
  • Upvote 1

Happened to me too couple of times (though it was rare), usually deleting the data in temp or replacing the bats (which seem to destroy itself after many uses?) fix the issue for me