Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

Stealth ability for Nod's commando

So, in my mod I spiced the Stealth a little to be more... useful, imo EA made it balanced enough to MP but made it TOO balance to the point it boring and most of the times even not useful, one of the things I done was to also make the Nod's commando permanently stealth unless she attack or use any of the condition EA set for her (Cause being  stealth only while standing is Meh..), OP choice indeed for C4 carrier.

Since it too much OP I want to change it to the way it was again ( being only stealth while standing) But this time give her Stealth belt ability that will make the Nod's commando fully stealth (aside from attacking and etc) for 30s (maybe even 15s, dk yet) and move back to being only stealth while standing after it ended,  in other words, like Tanya from RA3 ability But completely not ;D

It should be possible to make a button that trigger one of two stealth conditions right?

I'm not that good at making abilities that not in the game so I need help, sure I can mimc the clock field ability but don't sure how to convert it to unit ability and set it as temporary ability.

So I need help~

Maybe spawn object that stealth the spawner could be better approach...

Edited by Egozi44

11 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

imo EA made it balanced enough to MP but made it TOO balance to the point it boring and most of the times even not useful,

19789999.jpg

Lol

Even if it was a joke, I still think that it possible to make something nearly useless if you try to balance it too much to the point it won't be that significant.

Sure balance mean to even things up (which is impossible if you think about it deeply) but when I say it in video games terms I usually mean they Try to balance it (cause again, it probably impossible to balance it to perfection, you can just try to balance it in way you and most players could live with it, our brain is the main issue here, and that something we can't edit/fix :P).

Edited by Egozi44

3 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

Even if it was a joke, I still think that it possible to make something nearly useless if you try to balance it too much to the point it won't be that significant.

If something's useless compared to its counterpart, it isn't balanced. I can't understand how you think otherwise.

If something's useless compared to its counterpart, it isn't balanced. I can't understand how you think otherwise.

Well not always, you just need to give them both the same amount of uselessness and then they be evenly useless ;)

Jokes aside, when it come to stealth vs stealth detectors, you usually will prefer to make more stealth detectors than stealth units, the very way EA done it, which could be called unbalanced,

However for the way the game works, it Sort of balanced out the gameplay Only because they made it that way, if you had the same amount of stealth units as the detectors the stealth units won't be special anymore, and at the same time the detectors won't have any rule, so you need to play in-between to make it balanced enough for the gameplay, not for the unit/structure/object that have that special rule (in this case at least).

I think that when they done it that way however, stealth sort of lost most of it charm, which is why I deleted the detectors from most inf unit (which could detect any stealth in 0 range) completely

Edited by Egozi44

Ok so after few tests I got something that is close to the result I want (I hope... still need to do some testing)

I tried using the pod method (basically a weapon that shot the commanod and then OCL a dummy pod on her that will die after 30s)

My issue is that when I use the ability it could stealth some aircraft that above the commando instead of the commando herself (if you place the aircraft directly above her).

Here what I done (only the impot stuff)

Command_CommandoDummyPod:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset">
<LogicCommand id="Command_CommandoDummyPod" Type="SPECIAL_POWER" Options="AUTO_ABILITY_TRIGGERED">
<SpecialPower>SpecialPowerCommandoDummyPod_Dispatch</SpecialPower>
</LogicCommand>
</AssetDeclaration>

CommandoDummyPodWeapon (I tried to filter the hell out of it after I spot the issue):

<WeaponTemplate id="CommandoDummyPodWeapon" 
Name="CommandoDummyPodWeapon">
<Nuggets>
<DamageNugget Damage="0">
<SpecialObjectFilter Include="INFANTRY" Exclude="ENEMIES NEUTRAL STRUCTURE PRODUCED_AT_HELIPAD HORDE AIRCRAFT HUGE_VEHICLE VEHICLE UNATTACKABLE TIBERIUM_FIELD CIVILIAN_BUILDING TIBERIUM HUSK" Rule="ANY" Relationship="SELF">
<IncludeThing>NODCommando</IncludeThing>
</SpecialObjectFilter>
</DamageNugget>
<WeaponOCLNugget WeaponOCL="OCL_CommandoDummyPod">
<SpecialObjectFilter 
                     Include="INFANTRY" 
                     Exclude="ENEMIES NEUTRAL STRUCTURE PRODUCED_AT_HELIPAD HORDE AIRCRAFT HUGE_VEHICLE VEHICLE UNATTACKABLE TIBERIUM_FIELD CIVILIAN_BUILDING TIBERIUM HUSK" 
                     Rule="ANY" 
                     Relationship="SELF">
</SpecialObjectFilter>
</WeaponOCLNugget>
</Nuggets>
</WeaponTemplate>
</AssetDeclaration>

NODCommandoDummyPod:

<GameObject id="NODCommandoDummyPod" KindOf="UNSELECTABLE IMMOBILE PRELOAD NO_COLLIDE UNATTACKABLE NOT_AUTOACQUIRABLE IGNORE_FOR_VICTORY RESIST_EMP NOT_ON_RADAR" RadarPriority="UNIT" Side="NOD" EditorName="NODCommandoDummyPod" EditorSorting="UNIT" CommandSet="EmptyCommandSet" SelectPortrait="Portrait_NODDisruptionPod" ButtonImage="Portrait_NODDisruptionPod" IsTrainable="False">
<DisplayName>Name:AbilityDisruptionPod</DisplayName>
<LocomotorSet Locomotor="HumanLocomotor" />
<Draws>
<ScriptedModelDraw id="0x450DF2C46" RecoilDamping="0.4" MaxRecoilDistance="3">
<ModelConditionState ParseCondStateType="PARSE_DEFAULT">
<Model Name=""/>
</ModelConditionState>
</ScriptedModelDraw>
</Draws>
<Behaviors>
<Physics id="0x6D41764B" />
<InvisibilityUpdate id="0x3BD7F2F5" Options="STARTS_ACTIVE BROADCAST" BroadcastRange="15">
<InvisibilityNugget LeavingStealthFX="FX_NODStealthTransitionOff" EnteringStealthFX="FX_NODStealthTransitionOn" ForbiddenConditions="PREATTACK_A FIRING_A FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A RELOADING_A PREATTACK_B FIRING_B FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_B RELOADING_B PREATTACK_C FIRING_C FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_C RELOADING_C USING_WEAPON_A USING_WEAPON_B USING_WEAPON_C" ForbiddenStatus="TIBERIUM_VIBRATING" />
<BroadcastObjectFilter Rule="ALL" Relationship="ALLIES SELF" Include="INFANTRY">
<IncludeThing>NODCommandoDummyPod</IncludeThing>
</BroadcastObjectFilter>
</InvisibilityUpdate>
<LifetimeUpdate id="0x6D14780C" MinLifetime="30s" MaxLifetime="30s" />
<AttachUpdate id="0x31AF5724" Range="10"></AttachUpdate>
<DestroyDie id="0xA78F6D28">
<DieMuxData DeathTypes="ALL" />
</DestroyDie>
<BezierProjectile id="0xB5CB00F3" FirstHeightMin="5" FirstHeightMax="5" SecondHeightMin="5" SecondHeightMax="5" FirstPercentIndent="33%" SecondPercentIndent="66%" GroundHitFX="FX_DirtHit" OrientToFlightPath="True" />
</Behaviors>
<AI>
<AIUpdate id="0x12FA48BA" AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle="YES" />
</AI>
<Body>
<ActiveBody id="0xB313F576" MaxHealth="20" />
</Body>
</GameObject>
</AssetDeclaration>

OCL_CommandoDummyPod:

<ObjectCreationList id="OCL_CommandoDummyPod">
<CreateObject Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS" Disposition="ON_GROUND_ALIGNED" StartingModelConditions="">
<CreateObject>NODCommandoDummyPod</CreateObject>
</CreateObject>
</ObjectCreationList>
</AssetDeclaration>

SpecialPowerCommandoDummyPod_Dispatch (tried to filterd it too after I got the issue):

<SpecialPowerTemplate id="SpecialPowerCommandoDummyPod_Dispatch" 
TargetType="NONE" 
Flags="FOGGED_SHROUDED_CELLS_OK" 
ReloadTime="60s" WaypointModeTerminal="False">
<ObjectFilter Rule="UNPARSED" />
<ForbiddenObjectFilter Rule="ANY" Include="ENEMIES NEUTRAL STRUCTURE PRODUCED_AT_HELIPAD HORDE AIRCRAFT HUGE_VEHICLE VEHICLE UNATTACKABLE TIBERIUM_FIELD CIVILIAN_BUILDING TIBERIUM HUSK"/>
</SpecialPowerTemplate>
</AssetDeclaration>

The lines I added to the Nod's commando:

<SpecialPower id="0xCCBE648EE" SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerCommandoDummyPod_Dispatch" UpdateModuleStartsAttack="True">
<AttributeModifierAffects Rule="UNPARSED"/>
<RequirementsFilterMP Rule="UNPARSED"/>
<RequirementsFilterStrategic Rule="UNPARSED"/>
</SpecialPower>
<WeaponFireSpecialAbilityUpdate id="0x4F35D506" SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerCommandoDummyPod_Dispatch" BusyForDuration="0.5s" WhichSpecialWeapon="2" SpecialWeapon="CommandoDummyPodWeapon" FaceTarget="False" StartAbilityRange="100"/>

(dk if the AI will use it but added it anyway)
<AISpecialPowerUpdate id="0x75AE1AAFB" RandomizeTargetLocation="False" SpecialPowerAIType="SPECIAL_POWER_RANGED_AOE_ATTACK" CommandButtonName="Command_CommandoDummyPod"/>

So what cause the issue?

*So what is wrong?

For whatever reason the site don't allow me to edit my comment above...

5 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

For whatever reason the site don't allow me to edit my comment above...

A bug (thanks, InvisionPower) prevents editing longer/more code-heavy posts, we still don't know why.

I see :/

Too bad, tried to edit the xmls to be more easier to read...

So, I tried to add exclude to the dummy pod, and made so it only effect self (not allies)  in other words this:

<BroadcastObjectFilter Rule="ALL" 
                       Relationship="SELF" 
                       Include="INFANTRY" 
                       Exclude="ENEMIES NEUTRAL STRUCTURE PRODUCED_AT_HELIPAD HORDE AIRCRAFT HUGE_VEHICLE VEHICLE UNATTACKABLE TIBERIUM_FIELD CIVILIAN_BUILDING TIBERIUM HUSK">
<IncludeThing>NODCommandoDummyPod</IncludeThing>
</BroadcastObjectFilter>

And now it won't effect the aircrafts but Still will be "placed" on them, What I mean by that? I guess that since I use dummy that based on the vertigo disrupter pod. that thing actually get attach to something above it, I need it to get attach only to the commando but if aircraft will be directly above her when I use the ability, that aircraft will get the pod attach to it Instead, Now since I exclude the pod from stealth aircrafts it won't stealth it, But will not stealth the commando either since it was attached to the aircraft...

What I can do in these situations? :0

make it ground only somehow?

Edited by Egozi44

So I tried different approached, I discuss things with Kane in temple prime and he made me try this:

I added this to the commando:

<InvisibilityUpdate id="0DRGx3BD7GFDF2F5" OpacityMin="30%" 
UpdatePeriod="0.2s" Options="STARTS_ACTIVE">
<InvisibilityNugget ForbiddenStatus="IS_FIRING_WEAPON USING_ABILITY IS_AIMING_WEAPON SPECIAL_ABILITY_PACKING_UNPACKING_OR_USING" ForbiddenConditions="ATTACKING PREATTACK_A FIRING_A FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A RELOADING_A PREATTACK_B FIRING_B FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_B RELOADING_B USING_WEAPON_A USING_WEAPON_B" EnteringStealthFX="FX_NODStealthTransitionOn" LeavingStealthFX="FX_NODStealthTransitionOff"/>
<RequiresUpgrade>Upgrade_StealthForNodCommando</RequiresUpgrade>
</InvisibilityUpdate>

Made Upgrade_StealthForNodCommando upgrade, and made the commando's ability to spawn the dummy again while it having theses upgrades:

<GrantUpgradeCreate 
                    id="ModuleTag_AddStealthForNodCommando" 
                    UpgradeToGrant="Upgrade_StealthForNodCommando"/>

<UpgradeDie id="ModuleTag_RemoveStealthForNodCommando" 
            UpgradeId="Upgrade_StealthForNodCommando">
<DieMuxData 
            DeathTypes="ALL"/>
</UpgradeDie>

And ofc dies after 30 secs

Yet it still doesn't work D:

My last idea was to make repair drone as slave that spawn after the upgrade was triggered from the commando's ability, it follow the commando really fast while stealthing her and will die after 30 and should take the upgrade with it... but it work only once, maybe because the I set the SpawnReplaceDelayData to 99999s but it should be able to respawn new one..., I also think it still can get attached to aircrafts... -_- 

I start to run out of fuel here...

Looking on the ObjectStatus definitions there are few ObjectStatusType that may be able to aid me in world domination ,

Can someone tell me how these status works?

STEALTHED

CAN_STEALTH

CAN_STEALTH_FROM_PRODUCER  <----- may be my savor depend how it works

InvisibilityType

CAMOUFLAGE

Sure the name more or less say what they doing but someone may know things the name don't reveal just from it's ID.

If the "CAN_STEALTH_FROM_PRODUCER" can stealth it spawner then it may bring me one step closer to achieve what I want

Wish there was stealth attribute that could last for X duration, that would be the easiest way for it to work.