Sign in to follow this  
Nafeasonto

MOD.str not working

Where do I put this file, I have searched Google a dozen different ways, and can't find whre to put this file.  As all my names of my units are missing, or the ones I created.  Can someone assist me with this please?  I am using Bibbers RA studio mod builder.

It should be in \Mods\Your mod name\Misc\DATA

Be sure to name it as "cnc3"

Edited by Egozi44

No, you need to add 3 at the end :P

be sure to turn off windows feature that hides the ending of familiar files types since it will hide ".str", and if you'll add it it will result as CNC3.str.str

Edited by Egozi44

9 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

Be sure to name it as "cnc3"

1 hour ago, Vincent Anthony Cariello said:

You mean name it CNC.str?

Did you include the "3"?

The position for the mod.str depends on the compiler/buildmod.bat you are using.

I think by default it should be in the same folder als the mod.xml.

Edited by Stygs
  • Upvote 1

For c&c 3 TW, you put a file called Mod.str in your modsdk/mods/yourmodsname/data/ folder, altho iirc you can put it aswell in the buildmods/mods/yourmodsname/data/ folder aswell iirc

for c&c 3 KW you need to put it more or less where Egozi44 said : \source\Your mod name\Misc\DATA  and you should call it mod.str aswell iirc

I seldom hear one would say a cnc3.str would work on a C&C3 mod. I always use mod.str instead of cnc3.str.

When you compile a mod that contains a mod.str being placed in "source\mods\your mod name\misc\data" directory in Bibber's RA3 Modstudio, a separate file that is labeled "yourmodname_1.00_misc.big" should mention of a .str file being compiled there. That works for both C&C3 and KW.

That worked. Thanks! I just dragged the .str into the already built mod and checked only "create big file" and it incorporated allt he info, such as the STR.

Appreciate the idea.

But I am of course having more issues, i'll post another topic. It doesn't seem the RA studio is reading ANYTHING from the directory structure I make it.