Sign in to follow this  
GilGalad

Red Alert 2 wont run

Hey everyone i have read the other thread about peoples problems with red alert 2 but i would like to run a specific one because i have tried everything >_<

when i try and run red alert 2 it loads up goes to a black screen for a few seconds then goes back to windows.

i have tried changing compatability mode reinstalling uninstalling using only one cd rom but nothing seems to work ;(

my comp specs are p4 3.0 radeon 9800 pro 512 ddr ram asus p4p800 motherboard so its not a bad computer

running windows xp corporate lastest service pack.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Sounds like a video card problem.

Get the latest updates for your vid card.

Not that I think. What OS you use? XP?. If you use Xp, the problem is clear, just install XP SP 2.

im running 2000 service pack 4 (made a mistake in my post)

i have the latest video card drivers and drivers for eveyrthing else :(

ne1 else had trouble with 2000 and red alert 2 ?

Hmm....have you set the program compatibility? It should work perfectly under win 2000. As far as I know, RA2 runs as ussual for people who use advanced graphic card such as Radeo 9800 pro.

Yeah i changed the compatability mode to windows 95 no success

and yeah i have unistalled and reinstalled twice >_, this is killling me all i wanna do is play it

Check for viruses.

Change the refresh value on your monitor.

I am having the same problem. I'm running a p4 2.8, Radeon 9600, 1Gb ddr, Intel 865 board, XP Home.

Anytime I run RA2 or Yuri, I get a black screen, then windows.

I think it's a hardware problem.

This started after I installed my new processor. (maybe RA2 can't handle it?) I used to run a p4 2.0 Ghz and it worked just fine then.

Is there some way to trick RA2 into thinking everything's ok?

I am having the exact same problems these guys are having with red alert 2 my comp is p4 2.8g (hyperthreat technology = could this be the prob?) 256 ddr, gforce mx 4000 128 ddr , win 2000 sp4 , and it worked well on my amd athlon 1800 same windows 2000 sp4, weaker graphics card tho, man do i need help my favorite game of all time haven't been ably to play it in 3 weeks. please find an answer to our problems...

I'm having the same problem with my Radeon 9800, but ONLY for YR. I've patched both games and updated drivers, but I still have the problem. Has anyone else figured out how to fix this yet? (I notice Radeons tend to be a common factor)

I finally got them to run! I wiped my hard drive clean, re-installed windows xp, and installed sp2 (i had problems with sp2 installing before). RA2 works fine, but I had to change the compatibility settings to run YR. Seems like alot of trouble, but it's worth it.

It has nothing to do with viruses or winblows. It seems to be hardware related and it seems the idiots at Westwood/EA don't give a rats ass. I have had trhe exact same problem. I've tried "old" and new drives and different wrappers but nothing works.

Both me and my GF have win2k. It works on her computer but not on mine. She has an older P3 1G, TNT2, VIA-chip MB, while I have an P4 2.6G HT, MSI FX5600, and a MSI Neo2 MB. I was sure it was a nVidia-issue, but for the first time (been looking around the net on and off for 2-3 months) I see people with ATI cards talking of the same problem. So perhaps it has to do certain new cards or combination of new cards and DX.

EA/Westwood have had the same damn "update"-patch up for centuries so they've obviously abandoned the game. If anyone WITH WIN2K(!) has found a solution plz tell, or if there is perhaps some unoffcial patch that happens to solve the issue?

could it be that it's just a pirated version, therfore all the glitches?

Could be, although it is one of the biggest store chains in Sweden (where I bought the game that is)...but I could ask them...err, anyone with a less braindead answer, please???

EA's abandoned all C&C. Although us the fans have set up our own online service and created anti-cheat utilities, unfortunately there are certain things fans can't do - creating a patch is one of them :(

Yea, the regular online matchmaking service still works, but chat has been disabled, it's full of spam-bots and cheaters. It's best to play on www.xwis.net because it has chat enabled and there's no cheating.

Guest Smart246

yeah... about this problem, i fixed it by running 'SpyBotS&D' about 3 times. an das odd as it seems playing a single skirmsih game or series of games in C&C GENERALS gives me about 10-20 times the amount of "Worms & Bugs" then Yuri's Revenge with Westwood Online. Ain't that odd?

Hmmm...I'm not too shabby when it comes to comps, so I don't think it's a spyware issue. Do you have RA2 or Yuri's Revenge?....because I only have RA2...If you have only RA2 and SpyBotS&D fixed it, it could be some WW-online crap or whatever...a little more detail on the issue would be VERY :!: appreciated as my problem persists... :cry:

Guest Smart246

i have red alert 1, 2, and yuri's revenge. and some more details about the problem if possible