Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Saints Row

Ever since I picked up Saints Row 2, I've been quite attached to the series. Before that, I wasn't really feeling sandbox games and generally non-linear games, but after storming through Saints Row 2 in 9 days (would've been less if I used the Gentlemen of the Row mod before finishing), my opinion strongly changed. To the point I'm not only enjoying the storyline and playing glorified dress-up with my character, but also simple driving through the city and listening to the in-game radio.

I have a thing for multimedia that doesn't take itself too seriously, but also evades drowning in pop culture references and memes in a vain attempt to cause laughter in teens who will forget about their meaning a few years later. Saints Row has so many things about it that are fun, including the witty writing, which really made me stay.

So yeah. Here's an appreciation/discussion thread for the series. I'm open for co-op in SR2 and SR4 (I would be on SR3 if the GOG version wasn't incompatible with the Steam one due to different DLC handling) via Evolve.

BTW, W3D engine's bluehell ain't got nuffin' on the one that even gives you a damn parachute.

sr2 bluehell1.png

Saints Row 2 is no doubt the best in the series. I just loved the whole basis of building the Saints back from the ground up, and retaking Stilwater. One thing that always stuck with me from its story was when was Shogo and his Ronin thugs tried to take you and Gat out at Aisha's funeral, only for him to get beaten down and buried alive. Remembering how he was screaming for his life, just wanting to be killed instead of being buried alive, man... That was dark.

Many moments in the Ronin arc were dark. Then you see their gang members waving katanas on their motorcycles while mid-air. SR2 had the perfect combination of realistic and bonkers.

This reminds me that I have SR2 in my Steam library. Makes me want to start it up and go on a classic rampage casual walk through Stilwater.