dracopticon

Please help with patch problem!

Hello! I would really appreciate some help on this problem (see pic). Why the F is this sign showing, even after a clean reinstall and all(!) folders have been deleted. I've tried time and again, but the 1.04 patch won't install and I have the old version of C&CGZH (Deluxe version). What to do? Is it a registry problem (Windows 10)? 

Old file does not exist error (even after clean install).jpg

Make sure you're running the patch executable as administrator.

4 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Make sure you're running the patch executable as administrator.

Aha! Thanks for the reply. I will absolutely check that. //Erik

Unfortunately it didn't work. Is this the way you meant, because it was what I did:

I right-clicked on the patch file and chose "properties". Then I went to the "compatability" tab and clicked the box for  "run this program as an administrator".

Then I ran the patch once more. But the same window came up, with the same text "old file does not exist".

Edited by dracopticon

If you don't have any stray no-CD cracks (which would be a reason why the patch won't work), reinstall the game, but run the setup program itself as administrator. There might be a missing registry.

OK! I tried to use CCleaner to get to any old C&C files, but quite frankly don't know how to use it in that capacity. :(

I always use patch and then no-cd files after that, following the clean install.

Anyhow I really thank you for all the suggestions. Right now I don't know what to do. I even contemplate a full reinstall of Windows 10...

Edited by dracopticon

I finally found how to use CCleaner to clear the registry. Will now try admin-install of the game itself.

I finally got it to work with these intructions. "Zero Hour Windows 10 fix"
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=970999

BUT! Now the game ONLY opens in windowed mode and that's in spite of me tried to force it into a bigger view  by choosing "Maxmized" under "Run in..." on the shortcut tab. But nooo... It won't return to non-windowed mode. How to do that? Any advice would be helpful.