iowatyre

Adjust spaces between formation

Hi,

I'm planning to create formation for a  new unit(mastodon) similar to the formation of the mammoth tank. It  would probably require the same spacing as the current formation makes the mastodon spin and bump. Does anyone know what files to edit?

Thanks!

sshot0002.png

IIRC it was code line in the game object xml  (was something like formation width), I'll peek on it later.

btw your formations look better than any of mine, mind to tell us your secret? :P

Edited formation width and formation depth. Didn't change anything. I remember editing a file years ago, but I'm not sure what's the name of the file. It has the information about formations, showing that artillery units must be on the back of the formation, and the tanks on front. It would be a huge help if you could help me recall.

18 hours ago, iowatyre said:

Edited formation width and formation depth. Didn't change anything. I remember editing a file years ago, but I'm not sure what's the name of the file. It has the information about formations, showing that artillery units must be on the back of the formation, and the tanks on front. It would be a huge help if you could help me recall.

That information exists inside the units locomotor file  ("FormationPriority" attribute).

Also check the "FormationAssistant.ini" file.

Thanks @Madin! That worked! Btw @Egozi44 I forgot how I made these formations.  Sorry. I still remember sending a few formations to you before. Did I tell you how I made these, 2 years ago perhaps?

Posted (edited)

Oh, Madin right, forgot about it.

looking on the formations again (the mastodon since the mammoth was already existed ingame) it look more or less identical to how I currently makes them, but you right, I completely forgot you helped with few things some years ago in regared to the formations xD

then you had no time to mod and I eventually learned how to do things alone :P

You always welcome to join again if I ever need help ^^

Edited by Egozi44