Sign in to follow this  
TheHandofNod

I Need Help with the Patch

I hate to be that guy who joins the forum because he is so inept he can't figure out how to install something on his own... but here I am.

Love, love, love the command and conquer series and would like to play them comfortably on my PC. 

So... I was lucky enough to purchase the command and conquer ultimate collection on Origin. 

Started playing the original and its great, runs fine, but I just hate the scroll speed... I got to the third mission and had to quit out to come find a solution.

So I found the patch, and like a true useless man, tried to install it.

Got it running once... but the mouse was teleporting all over the screen, so I tweaked something and then the game wouldn't even launch so I reinstalled everything and still can't get anything to run.

I need instructions haha I am useless when it comes to mods, patches, game files etc

Please help an old man out. 

I'm running a windows 10 machine.

2 hours ago, TheHandofNod said:

Started playing the original and its great, runs fine, but I just hate the scroll speed... I got to the third mission and had to quit out to come find a solution.

The Ultimate Collection has 17 titles, so be specific with which one you mean....

Probably means Tiberian Dawn.

Sorry, thought I'd mentioned it, my bad.

Yes, the first command and conquer. I only ever played it on the playstation when I was younger so I never realised it was called Tiberium Dawn, whch is pretty cool.

Read this guide on how to properly patch any version of Tiberian Dawn.

Also, this guide is for updating all games within TUC.

1 hour ago, TheHandofNod said:

I only ever played it on the playstation when I was younger so I never realised it was called Tiberium Dawn, whch is pretty cool.

Tiberian* Dawn is only a semi-official name that was never used on the box art or logos.

I followed the guide to the letter and still got the same problems. 

On the menu screen the mouse teleports around making it hard to click on anything and when I start the mission there is 2 copies of the screen on my monitor. 

I am unsure what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your help though.

9 hours ago, TheHandofNod said:

and when I start the mission there is 2 copies of the screen on my monitor.

From the TD 1.06 FAQ....

Q: The high resolution doesn't work correctly! When I start the first GDI mission, the map is simply put in a small box with black around it.
A: Increasing the game resolution does not magically make the missions bigger. The first campaign missions are simply smaller than the high resolution. This gives a few odd graphical bugs, but if you just touch the side of the screen with your mouse cursor, and then open and close the main menu, most of these errors will disappear. Since C&C missions get bigger as you progress through the campaign, these problems will be completely gone after mission #3.

9 hours ago, TheHandofNod said:

On the menu screen the mouse teleports around making it hard to click on anything

@Nyerguds help

I'm fairly sure there's an option to adjust mouse sensitivity in the ccconfig tool. It's part of the cnc-ddraw options.