Sign in to follow this  
maaz88

Two Questions: Scaling and Invisible unit (Solved)

I got two questions. 

1. I added cyborg commando from cnc4 art files and xml from KW Reloaded mod source code. The unit is invisible in the game. Please help

2. If I want to scale up or down a certain unit, how is it done? I mean which files I have to scale?

The commander is really shy and will prefer if we won't disturb him xP

1. Jokes aside, that happens cause the SKN files still use TT's shaders, you need to change them to KW's shader,

You will also have HC issues if you won't know how to edit the textures with PS or make them via max, the KWRELOADED xml are also not complete and will cause him to act funny at some situations due to missing conditions.

2. you need bibber's scaling tool, you need to choose all of the w3x files the commando uses and set the factor,

1.0 is the default and won't change anything,  1.1 + will increase the size while 0.9- will reduce it.

Edited by Egozi44
  • Upvote 1

I got the part 2 answer. for part 1. How are shaders changed? thats something I havent done before.

I dont think the unit will act funny because it was fine in KW Reloaded mod. I used the same source code. The invisible unit moves, fires does everything except being visible.

I used them once and eventually had to make them from zero to fit my own needs ;P

The commando will stop using animations at some situations while keep moving, and iirc it also had few missing codes.

To change shader you need to either open the file with max or open it with notepad, press "F3" look for shader,

When you find the shader name, change it to the one TW or KW uses depend on the game you mod

• Upvote 1

I changed the shader, but it still didnt work. Looks like I am out of luck on modding. Every new thing I try keeps on failing.

Hey,  I was able to solve the invisibility issue. The characters showed up. NOD Commando and BlackHand from cnc4, I had to scale them because they were like the size of Raidertank. Thanks to you and some tutorials about textures, I used Crazybump for normal and specular .dds creation. I also edited the xml according to the animations available for these guys. Like there was no suppression anim for these.

Except for the fact that when I scaled they went invisible again. I have no idea why?

Edited by maaz88

How you made them to appear though? by changing the c&c4's shader to kw's?

scaling alone don't supposed to rest/change the shader again.

maybe the file became corrupted somehow or you change something in the xml?

There were two things i found missing, the NRM and SPEC dds files were not there i added them through Crazybump. I included those in the SKN.w3x with notepad++. and the shader was not as per cnc3. They appeared in game after that. Cnc4 commando, blackhand and engineer. I rescaled the commando with bibbersw3x scaler, then it became invisible again.

Simply adding nrm or spec to the SKN not always going to work because it depend on the shader, some shaders don't even support these textures so forcing them in may do nothing or make the file unusable to the sdk.

try extract the files again, resize them with bibber tool, and change the shader to the nod shader and use the same texture they came with by default before you try anything else

Edited by Egozi44

The infantry showed up in the game without rescaling only, but the textures look awkard, sometimes they become white sometime red, looks real bad. Can you please tell me what are the proper shaders for Infantry and Vehicles that can be used for these imported units. 

Also if you could help me define the animations from cnc4, I mean what is meant by those names fore.g. , NUVEHICLE_AIDA, ATKA, BIDA, BIFA etc. what are these, I only understand the ones similar to cnc3.

It depend on the shader, Nod, Scrin, and GDI, use different textures for different shaders.

In TW they uses different shader than KW, and iirc nod and gdi both need additional texture for HC only in TW.

GDI usually need unit texture, normal map texture, SPM texture, and HC texture,

Nod need unit texture, SPM texture, and HC texture, (nod SPM need to have blue/purple color on where you want the HC to be shown)

Umm, from what I recall AIDA and BIDA are idle animations, ATKA is attack animation, BIFA may be idle or emp animation, don't remember until i peek on my files,

the TW SDK come with w3x viewer that you can use to view all of the animations outside the game.

• Upvote 1

Hey bro, thanks for the help. The good news is, I figured out what the animations are meant, and I was able to scale the infantry by merging all the w3x and scaling them, it worked :) now they showup in the game.

This thread questions are actually solved now. :) Thanks to you.

Also I added few more cnc4 units which are actually working fine except that I have limited them to normal cnc3 style combat, as I dont know about special abilities too much. Specially the subterranean animations of cnc4 are awesome I sooooo want them in cnc3, The KW unofficial big bang mod, has the subterranean animation from cnc4 for MOK, but bad luck is that its KW and I cant mod KW bcs of the wrathed not working.

I tried to work on one SP but failed repeatedly, so I guess I should keep trying and keep looking for help.

The problem is, almost all the forums are dead. Replies are once in a blue moon.

Glad to hear you found a way to solve your issue,

By subterranean you meant to that drill or the subterranean reckoner?

Cause I plan to add that one too xD

I can try help you adjust that SP to TW though I dk if it going to work well.

Most forums area dead indeed, but most modders are lurking around the discord c&c modding server 

https://discord.gg/TfdcQTn

can't promise people will always answer you there but sometimes they do when they feel like it xP

The subterranean drill animation is <3 , I am talking about the one which deploys the crawler :)

I love it. Though I too want the subterranean reckoner from cnc4. I will try to work on it. Carnius was able to make subterranean transfers in TE mod, that means its possible. It is somewhat similar to the Alien Mastermind ability.

Anyways, thanks for the help. Do tell me if you find anything on the subterranean stuff. Thanks

the digging is basically teleporting  with animations, it should be more than possible.

As for the crawler drill, I have it on my mod source, don't need to look for anything xP

issue is that I can't tell if it will work the same way in TW due to different codes, but it should be the same for the most part

Edited by Egozi44

If you have the crawler drill set please share with me. Thanks bro.

Opps saw it just now, 

contact me on discord and we try things when I have time xP