Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

This next Call of Duty could suck big time

I cannot believe for the first time ever, rumors that Treyarch/Activision may be skipping the single-player campaign for a huge focus in multiplayer, zombie co-op, and.... possibly more microtransactions. Battle Royale is also being mentioned but please rename it to Call of Duty: Battle Royale if it's going to happen, not Black Ops 4 without a campaign: https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17248230/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-single-player-cod-blops 

If by May and Activision announces to skip single-player in favor for multiplayer,  then the fall of the Call of Duty series will have begun. But the fall might have already begun after Modern Warfare 3. If Black Ops IV is going to feature Battle Royale, I am okay with it, but you got to include a SP campaign. I don't know WTF is Treyarch been doing the last two years... and I am pretty sure a lot of fans are going to be disappointed. And.... multiplayer still sucks in recent COD games, especially with an outdated graphic engine.

I do not know why a lot more people are interested and overhyped for more battle royale ******* s***. I always recognize Unreal Tournament (and C&C Sole Survivor) has some maps and features that might have triggered the beginning of the so-called MOBA and battle royale. Battle Royale is nothing but "last man standing". I better hope Greg Black and EA isn't making a C&C Battle Royale ****.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

34 minutes ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

then the fall of the Call of Duty series will have begun

If you didn't see the fall of CoD 10 years ago, you're absolutely blind.

> Call of Duty
> falling

My keks are top.

Call of Duty isn't going anywhere. It's still the top dog online FPS. There's a good reason for it - it's fucking good. You can shit on Call of Duty all you want, but it drives the industry and ushered in an entire new era of FPS gaming. If you don't realize that Call of Duty 4 is what really brought the FPS genre to the forefront, you're just ignorant. Regardless, the games are doing fine. BO4 will be an interesting game. If there's no SP, well... that will be pretty lame but the BO3 campaign was pretty asstastic in all the wrong ways. As a sci-fi game, it was okay but as a Call of Duty? It was awful. Infinite Warfare had an awesome campaign though... so does WW2. It's still kickin' good and hard.

7 hours ago, Doctor Destiny said:

There's a good reason for it - it's fucking good.

Subjectivity doesn't prove anything...

7 hours ago, Doctor Destiny said:

but it drives the industry and ushered in an entire new era of FPS gaming.

True, but not in a good way.

So it's true. Blackout is the new battle royale mode to replace the SP campaign in Black Ops IV in response to Fortnite/PUBG: https://www.gamesradar.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-battle-royale-mode-blackout

So COD Battle Royale really exists. By October 12's release, I imagine Black Ops IV's ratings will make it the worst Call of Duty game of all time. No SP campaign = instant fail. But a COD game with Unreal Tournament/Fortnite/Overwatch ideas only should never be named as Black Ops IV.

LIke what Plokite said, battle royale is a fad, and some people are comparing this as an expansion of Black Ops III with a bit of Overwatch and Fortnite. Also that game will be played and released only thru Blizzard's Battle.net instead of Steam.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Instant fail? For a small number of people at best. It's made for multiplayer now. Saying this Call of Duty will be bad just because of that is a severe misstep. The only downfall for this on PC will be the Battle.net requirement with no way to purchase and launch through Steam. This, however, can mean good things still. For example, cheaters actually getting motherfucking banned. If they use Blizzard servers, those are top tier. Never had a single issue in any game of Overwatch or Starcraft 2 or any Blizzard title. It will be a mixed bag but I feel, in the end, Battle.net will be a net positive when cheaters get banned and the games run smoothly. However, time will tell on this one.