Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Two mice, one computer

I doubt I'll get a good answer here, since this isn't a proper tech support forum, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to try.

What I want is a free program that allows me to plug two mice into the same computer and get two cursors on the same monitor that are both fully functional and independent of the other.

If the strong emphasis in that seems unnecessary, it is because I have been searching for a solution for quite some time now, and all of the solutions I find are inadequate. I have found a not-free program that can do exactly what I want, but I don't see any reason why I should pay someone to let me use two mice. I already know how to get two mice to control one cursor. I know of programs that can get two cursors, but they are not fully functional.

I'm sure I found such a program in the past, but didn't download it because I didn't have a second mouse at the time. Now I have a second mouse, but can't find the program again. :angry:

After the searching I have done, it seems there are far more people who want this than there are solutions available. Also a lot of idiots who lack the imagination to figure out why someone might want to use two mice simultaneously, and they seem to think no one should want something they don't want themselves.

Never mind, almost immediately after posting this, I found a program called pluralinput.

Never mind never minding, it is almost good, but it does not seem to be fully functional.

3 hours ago, Nmenth said:

and get two cursors on the same monitor

But(t) why?

15 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

But(t) why?

This. ^^

To be honest Nmenth, if you are playing a "very difficult to control" RTS game that one mouse cannot handle enough, then maybe two mice controls will do it. :P

"Why?" is irrelevant to the topic.