Sign in to follow this  
ztz2019

A way realize injured-cyborg

In TS and FS cyborg will become half body and keep this state even if healed to full HP, both modelstate and speed is changed and kept forever.

I to a certain extent realized it in KW. In script there's a state ReallyDamaged, so just add ObjectGrantUpgrade(xxx) to change the modelstate and speed, also armor and supression. So it could avoid when cyborg is fixed to full HP the model suddenly becomes normal.

I have done this with CNC4 cyborg in my mod (unreleased), When the cyborg is killed it just spawns to its broken form. Create an OCL that spawns the new broken unit on death. Create the new broken unit as another unit. Modify the xmls so that when it spawns the broken cyborg, you cant build another one until it dies.

I think he meant that in TS cyborgs will still look broken even after you heal them, don't recall such behavior in TS and it sound more like a bug than intended behavior.

I think you can do it only by settings an upgrade that will somehow get triggered after some condition was met, then set Users (like USER_6) in the model and animations conditions so they will keep show the broken model/texture/animation, permanently.

Edited by Egozi44

19 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

I think he meant that in TS cyborgs will still look broken even after you heal them, don't recall such behavior in TS and it sound more like a bug than intended behavior.

In TS all cyborgs loose their legs if damaged enough (around middle of red health?) this causes them to move slower as they crawl forward. Healing them by walking on tiberium or by other means do not restore their legs or speed.

Wow, so much for a old game, guess that why I liked it back at the day :thumbsup: