Sign in to follow this  
ztz2019

How to add more than 1 member to a squad in KW and ...

To use Banner module seems can only add 1 member to squad, I once tried go straight add new RankInfo and RankToReleaseWhenAttacking to add 2 new members, but the new members don't appear from barrack, and the squad HP isn't full. However, if I sell out the barrack, the squad with new member will come out. So is there anyway to add more than 1 member to a squad in KW?

And there's another question,  how to build different unit by single unit_build button? I mean when training a unit by unit_built button, it will randomly come out different kinds of unit, not meaning 1 time several units come out together.   By using RandomModelCondition only can let same unit with different exterior, but I need to true different unit both exterior and inner property.

I don't sure I understand what you trying to do mate, but if you just want to simply add 2 members to the squad you can mimic the rocket squad's xml, they use 2 members plus banner after upgrade.

adding more than one member in KW is more than possible unless you want it to be banner only, I believe the sniper's banner come from the barracks too rather than appear next to it (need to check) so peeking on their banner code may be your answer, I look into it myself if you want when I'll have time.

You mean to make random unit models to appear even when you train the same units? (I assume if for the cars in the mutant mod?),  Mjjstral made something similar in his map (map that change the objects each time you load it) but I can't recall if it was through lua or xml alone, I also believe I saw something similar in the Forgotten mod but don't sure.

@Mjjstral

may know something

Edited by Egozi44

On 23/05/2018 at 1:53 AM, Egozi44 said:

I don't sure I understand what you trying to do mate, but if you just want to simply add 2 members to the squad you can mimic the rocket squad's xml, they use 2 members plus banner after upgrade.

adding more than one member in KW is more than possible unless you want it to be banner only, I believe the sniper's banner come from the barracks too rather than appear next to it (need to check) so peeking on their banner code may be your answer, I look into it myself if you want when I'll have time.

You mean to make random unit models to appear even when you train the same units? (I assume if for the cars in the mutant mod?),  Mjjstral made something similar in his map (map that change the objects each time you load it) but I can't recall if it was through lua or xml alone, I also believe I saw something similar in the Forgotten mod but don't sure.

@Mjjstral

may know something

No, I need to produce true different unit, not just look different. I've already realize looking different by randommodelcondition, but how to produce true different unit every time ?

Like completely different unit that come together with the same squad?

I don't sure, I believe there are few codes or tricks with lua that can do something like that but I never tried to do it before, if it was just matter of randomly spawn units I would've suggested to either use the random condition code, or kill the placeholder and make it create ocl that spawn random things  (may also need lua if there is any coding limit),

but that not seem to be the case here xP.

Edited by Egozi44

18 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

Like completely different unit that come together with the same squad?

I don't sure, I believe there are few codes or tricks with lua that can do something like that but I never tried to do it before, if it was just matter of randomly spawn units I would've suggested to either use the random condition code, or kill the placeholder and make it create ocl that spawn random things  (may also need lua if there is any coding limit),

but that not seem to be the case here xP.

OCL can create different units each time, but the rally point is a problem, new ocled unit always stands still at warfactory.