maaz88

Treads Animation Issue and Recoil (solved)

Hi guys,

I need some guidance on how to assign the tread animation bones to the xml files, I added the cnc3 mammoth as a tier4 to my Mod, but its treads do not animate with movement. Can any point me to the right direction?

Second thing is the recoil of some units like the Raider buggy from cnc4 is also not working. Help appreciated always.

In TW the treads work different than Ra3, they not really moving, the model need to have more than one tread in the same position and they need to be edited in max, and afterwards set to hide/show in some conditions such as moving, turning left/right and etc in order to work.

What your issue with the recoil and the buggy?

Edited by Egozi44

I don't know if there is single tread texture or multiple, I thought it has to be referenced in the xml in a particular way wrt the bones to make them move.

With the buggy, in Max I found two set of bones on the cannons, one was for particle fx and other one behind it had a random name, i used it as the recoil bone in the xml but it didnt work, the recoil doesnt showup while shooting

iirc they all use the same textures, it just matter of changing something in their color in their material tab iirc.

If you use the right bone for effect and you already confirmed the fx is working with the game (with other unit) then the issue can be either the model is broken/effect show up but inside the model duo to bone issues, or the xml, 

I'll need to see the xml and the bone's names to know if something is missing though, are you using the same xml as the nod buggy with just few edits?

Edited by Egozi44
  • Upvote 1

1. treads basicly use 4 meshes with a scolling texture shader. turn left(you flip the UV so it scrolls i nthe right direction), turn right(same but in reverse) stop(no scrolling texture) and move (both uv aligned in the same direction) there are some tutorials linked before on these forums, should be somewhere in topics related to basic modeling in 3dmax.

2. if the barrel isnt moving it means the mesh of the barrel hasnt got its vertexs linked to that bone. so the bone is recoiling as intended, it isnt effected the correct barre mesh.

• Upvote 1

Oh so it seems to be a 3dsmax thing. I am noob in 3dsmax. I can only do basic things. I saw the tutorial by killakanz. I could understand it but not completely. And even if there is some changes required in the models provided in the cnc4artpack and I am able to do them in Max, still it will be hell for me because it will save it max format, and the export to w3x always gives me annoying errors which I cant understand.