Sign in to follow this  
Banshee

Is there any option to disable rich post format when creating a post?

Is there any option to disable rich post format when creating a post? Like... allowing me to post only with the good old BBCode which is much smarter than this annoying forced rich post content that always misses what I really want to do when I am posting, forcing me to edit the post countless times until I get what I want? I know that IPB3 had a magic button at the position where is the Preview button nowadays that could do it. But on IPB 4, it has disappeared. I think that the posting buttons can be  customized somewhere in the ACP, but since I've never touched IPB4's ACP, I can't say that for sure.

BBCode was completely removed by morons at InvisionPower. The only alternative is allowing raw HTML, which we only enable to admins for obvious security reasons.

7 hours ago, Banshee said:

allowing me to post only with the good old BBCode

You can still manually type in BBCode and it will convert it when you post. I still use BBCode all the time, it is just a lot less convenient to do so now.

That's how I do, Nmenth, however, most of time when I copy a content from a quote, things starts to mess up and it becomes a big pain to deal with.

Ah yes, I have definitely experienced that. Quote boxes are quite difficult to edit without being able to see the code.

On 5/06/2018 at 1:26 AM, Nmenth said:

You can still manually type in BBCode and it will convert it when you post. I still use BBCode all the time, it is just a lot less convenient to do so now.

How's it done? Is it [BBCode]  then the text and ends with [/BBCode] ?

Every time I tried posting videos, it thinks it's pasted as rich text instead of links or embedded media.

Edited by PurpleGaga27