Moments ago, the new C&C game was announced. It is Command & Conquer: Rivals, and is a mobile game in the Tiberium universe. It is a 1v1 game where each player builds decks of units and goes against the other. The center of the map holds a nuclear missile silo which is controlled by the owner of the majority of control points on the map. More info and descriptions coming soon, but for now, here is the official gameplay overview.

The official site is here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-rivals. The game was announced to be available for testing on the Google Play store for Android users.

Nice dislike ratio on those videos...

• Like 3

Only me thniks it is nails in the coffin lid?

19 minutes ago, YkudzA said:

Only me thniks it is nails in the coffin lid? 

O1DGerH.jpg

This is...this is the worst. I had a really bad week and was looking for a pick me up for some good C&C news. And I know that it was foolish to think that the rumors of a new C&C would be anything good. But I had a forlorn hope it would be a least a traditional PC release. Or at least a mobile version and a PC version.

This is just...no, that's it. This series needs to put a fork in it, it's done.

Edited by neojames82
Added more context to a sentence.

2 minutes ago, vandal33 said:

Why is everyone hating this new game?

Gee, I wonder.

Maybe... just maybe because it is completely incoherent with the other games of the franchise (such as Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun and Renegade), it has completely capped mechanisms to deal with mobile games limitations, it has a repetitive gameplay which will make most users get tired of it very soon, bad single player experience and the list goes on....

Oh maybe it is just my mind.... maybe... maybe... maybe it is just me.

F

Wolf you knew about this shit didn't you?

5 minutes ago, klandri said:

Wolf you knew about this shit didn't you?

If I did, do you think I could've said a peep about it?

1 minute ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

If I did, do you think I could've said a peep about it?

No I don't and I don't blame you in any way. But your silence on the topic of the "random anonymous reddit post" was pretty much confirmation of its accuracy lol.

I was right at the beginning of this year when I took a survey poll about a potential C&C mobile game. Now I am pretty much most people are probably disrespecting at Greg Black who thinks it's a cool epic game when it really isn't. Greg Black once had experience in Zynga's Empires vs Allies as a mobile game. Only one problem, EA is eight years overdue for a C&C mobile game and it's too late for that to happen. Tiberium Alliances SHOULD have developed as a C&C mobile game instead of a buggy browser game. Now people just wanted a new C&C game for the PC anyway.

PC Gamer even had their displeasure of the announcement: https://www.pcgamer.com/look-at-what-ea-has-done-to-command-and-conquer/

Now it's EA's C&C Rivals vs Tencent's Red Alert Online.

And both of them will be dead just like Tiberium Alliances in a few years or less.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Plokite, you need to mention that Redwood Studios (formerly Visceral Games and Redwood Shores -- the creator of the Dead Space trilogy) is the creator of the game, since Greg Black is in it.

It honestly looks half decent for a mobile game. But for them pissing on the corpse of C&C one more time is just a disgrace to the series and its fans.

There was a rumor posted on the C&C Reddit thread that during the PC Gaming conference tomorrow (Monday) that EA is going to have a surprise annoucment for an C&C game that will be a proper PC/Mac release. I ani't holding my breath on that rumor though.

Well, maybe they didn't know that there was going to also be a legit C&C...yeah, I know I'm grasping at straws...

55 minutes ago, neojames82 said:

There was a rumor posted on the C&C Reddit thread that during the PC Gaming conference tomorrow (Monday) that EA is going to have a surprise annoucment for an C&C game that will be a proper PC/Mac release. I ani't holding my breath on that rumor though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/8pvvp0/hearing_rumors_from_some_of_my_sources_that_ea

Not giving hopes on that one though whether it's Generals 2, Red Alert 4 or C&C5.

Edited by PurpleGaga27