Giganom

Change.Org Petition: Make Electronic Arts sell the Command&Conquer franchise to a competent RTS developer

Hi everyone. 

My name is Paul, I have been a life long fan of Command and Conquer. C&C as a franchise really got me into PC gaming. I would spend countless hours playing and replaying the single player campaigns and skirmish matches. From the OG through Red Alert 2 and onward I have played them all and enjoyed most of them. I am sure which ones you figure I didn't care for. When EA bought Westwood studios I couldn't possibly imagine what might become of the franchise at the time. Slowly over time EA managed to chip away at all of the foundational elements that made C&C what it was. As news broke that Generals 2 was being scrapped I was devastated. I figured at the very least EA couldn't hurt a franchise that was dead. Yesterday During the EA Play conference I felt a knife being jabbed into the collective gut of the C&C community. Rivals is a fate worse that death. Friends I know it might not seem like much but I have started a Change.Org petition. I would appreciate it if you could sign it and show your support. With enough of us we can show our collective displeasure and maybe force a change in their behavior. Even if that change is to finally let C&C go quietly into that good night. 

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-make-electronic-arts-sell-the-command-conquer-franchise-to-a-competent-rts-developer?recruiter=451214314&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition

Thank you for reading this and hopefully with your support we can make ourselves heard! 

#NotMyCNC

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Woooow, more Change.org petitions, that will surely change something, like all those times in history!

... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

To me it's better than sitting slack jawed at a monitor watching yet another  death-throw of Command and Conquer brought to you by the lovely people at EA Games. I know the odds here, I just refuse to do nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Giganom said:

I know the odds here, I just refuse to do nothing. 

So you make yourself look like every other change.org circlejerker, none of whom achieved anything with their quaint petitions?

If you want to do something, go to Reddit, Twitter, email, whatever (just don't go overboard, people love being toxic and that worsens things even more). The Battlefront II fiasco wasn't caused by some inert losers at change.org, it was changed by people mass-revoking their preorders and downvoting EA's horrible post on /r/starwarsbattlefront to oblivion.

I think your correct about the vast majority of what you just said. I am making inroads with those communities as well. I know Change.org can seem like the "Thoughts and prayers" of online activism. It's simply one more tool in the toolbox of those wishing to do whatever they can to get the word out that this kind of crap is not going to be tolerated. 

Just now, Giganom said:

It's simply one more tool in the toolbox

If you consider a squeaky toy hammer a tool...

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 8:54 PM, Nmenth said:

EA is not going to sell the franchise because they would price it on its potential value while buyers would pay for its current value. It would be stupid for EA to sell it for a tiny profit to a competitor who may resurrect C&C to its former glory and become a rival to EA and cut into their market.

C&C is like an unpolished gemstone, in the right hands it could be refined into a fortune, and EA can't risk that. However, any buyers just want to pay for what it is; a lumpy rock.

• Upvote 2

That's not the petition I was looking for.

If you want EA to change their views, try bringing a bag of money.

On 10/06/2018 at 10:44 AM, Plokite_Wolf said:

So you make yourself look like every other change.org circlejerker, none of whom achieved anything with their quaint petitions?

If you want to do something, go to Reddit, Twitter, email, whatever (just don't go overboard, people love being toxic and that worsens things even more). The Battlefront II fiasco wasn't caused by some inert losers at change.org, it was changed by people mass-revoking their preorders and downvoting EA's horrible post on /r/starwarsbattlefront to oblivion.

Actually, the only reason that EA changed the policies for Battlefront II was because the Belgium (and very possibility the entire EU) was going to come down hard on EA for the loot boxes questionably being akin to be under age gambling, which of course is illegal. And of course EA backed off because even they don't have enough money or lawyers in the world to take on an entire continental government in a court battle. It sadly had little or nothing to do with gamers complaining about it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/