PurpleGaga27

2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia

Portugal barely survives and both them and Spain are going to the Round of 16, but what a heartbreaker for Iran... they were so close of winning the game against Portugal and.... Ronaldo did not play well in that game.

It's an emotional must-win for Argentina as they are going to the Round of 16, along with Croatia's 3rd win. Messi and his team live for another day.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Another heartbreaker..... Germany is stumped by Korea in the 90+ additional time whereas Sweden stumped Mexico and they advance to the Round of 16.

Now.... waiting to see if Brazil can finally get another win to advance.

Well Banshee, looks like your country is moving on. I see an interesting matchup between Brazil and Mexico this weekend.

Classy? You are looking for it in the wrong country. We are place jokes at each other here quite often. Even the 7 x 1 is constantly used by brazilians in jokes.

Anyway, many people here were praying for Brazil to not play against Germany in the next match. So, the victory from South Korea was very much celebrated by the majority of the people here.

33 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Classy? You are looking for it in the wrong country. We are place jokes at each other here quite often. Even the 7 x 1 is constantly used by brazilians in jokes.

Anyway, many people here were praying for Brazil to not play against Germany in the next match. So, the victory from South Korea was very much celebrated by the majority of the people here.

Nothing wrong with that.

So much for Argentina and Portugal. Both of them are eliminated in the Round of 16.  It's adios for both Ronaldo and Messi.

Adios Messi and adeus Cristiano Ronaldo.It's a pitty, but see you in the next UEFA Champions. However, France and Uruguay were clearly better teams than Argentina and Portugal. The outcome was fair.

Edited by Banshee

3 hours ago, Banshee said:

Adios Messi and adeus Cristiano Ronaldo.

And may you never return, self-absorbed asses.

Well, Plokite. Your country is still moving on to face Russia in the Quarterfinals. Maybe after today, I'll consider Russia to be the front-runner to win it all. So far penalty kicks have been the story which both Russia and Croatia won in their separate matches.

Here's hoping for Belgium vs. Croatia in the finals. Surprisingly, there's actually a somewhat decent chance of that happening.

Brazil has played 4 matches with 3 wins (by 2 x 0) and it has only suffered 1 goal. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to celebrate a 7 x 1 for Brazil so much early in World Cups, but that's currently the goals scored pro and against Brazil in this World Cup. If Belgium beats Japan in the next game (which I am afraid it will), I guess Brazil will return home after its next match. But so far, it has shown a consistent performance and a good defensive system. I hope it continues to perform like that.

17 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Brazil has played 4 matches with 3 wins (by 2 x 0) and it has only suffered 1 goal. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to celebrate a 7 x 1 for Brazil so much early in World Cups, but that's currently the goals scored pro and against Brazil in this World Cup. If Belgium beats Japan in the next game (which I am afraid it will), I guess Brazil will return home after its next match. But so far, it has shown a consistent performance and a good defensive system. I hope it continues to perform like that.

No offense, but I'll be rooting for Belgium.

Belgium will face Brazil in the next round, after a comeback from behind victory for three unanswered goals over Japan, including one of the great plays in FIFA World Cup history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftZMh2KxMiw

(edit: Damn... Fox Sports does not allow their YouTube videos to be embedded)

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Belgium finally brought football back. Their performance was so magical!

Best game so far and probably of the entire tournament. Truly a clash of the titans.

So it'll be France vs Belgium coming next week. With all of the Latin American countries out, it's all down to European countries and Russia.

13 minutes ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

So it'll be France vs Belgium coming next week. 

uwot

Well, I guess it's a new UEFA European Championship from now on. And I agree with Inferno, it was a clash of Titans. The Belgium team was great indeed. Too bad that it didn't end well for my side.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, all the initial champion's title favourites apart from France are now out? This is definitely the most interesting World Cup I've witnessed.

On 1/07/2018 at 7:04 PM, Inferno said:

Here's hoping for Belgium vs. Croatia in the finals. Surprisingly, there's actually a somewhat decent chance of that happening.

I think it will happen. Doubt if France will beat Belgium or England to beat Croatia.

Croatia barely survived that win over Russia thanks to penalty kicks.

I don't think France will beat Belgium, but England has good chances of beating Croatia.