Sign in to follow this  
Plok

First Patch for C&C Rivals Pre-Alpha Announced

cncnznews.png

Although the game is only available in the United States and Canada at the time of writing, the pre-alpha version of Command & Conquer: Rivals will soon get its first patch. On EA Answers HQ, which is EA's centralized helpdesk forum, game designer Greg Black posted a list of focus points that the team at Redwood Studios is looking to deliver on. These include resolving Nod's dominance over GDI, double Harvester openers being hard to counter, Sandstorms being too difficult to counter with basic infantry, Flame Troopers being overly effective against light vehicles, Cyborgs (Reapers!) being too cost-efficient, and tier 4 units being too cheap. Click here to see the whole post with full explanations for these changes.

ROFLMAO!! It's a laughingstock of balance changes. I half-expected over a dozen changes there, including some changes in object and map design. Yes, some people reported there are loot boxes in the game, but thankfully they are not purchasable with real money.

- Nod is currently doing too well against GDI in cross-faction play. We have several theories on why this is, but we are still actively investigating it and haven’t reached any firm conclusions yet.

No shit Greg,  you will never reach a firm conclusion causs of the levelling system,  why not have higher level  GDI player fight a weaker level NOD, would that solve the issue? 

They better get their god damn acts together before this game goes live and before people start spending their money on it. Or can you even start giving them money now in the alpha? I'm pretty sure the PAYMENT system is probably not/won't having any issues...

Edited by neojames82

What? A pre-alpha game isn't fucking perfect? Someone stop the presses. Let's all bitch about a game that's not even RC worthy!

I don't like the game and won't play it, but I'm not going to act like it's going to be abysmal based on the alpha. ALPHA! Not even beta. An alpha.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Destiny said:

What? A pre-alpha game isn't fucking perfect? Someone stop the presses. Let's all bitch about a game that's not even RC worthy!

I don't like the game and won't play it, but I'm not going to act like it's going to be abysmal based on the alpha. ALPHA! Not even beta. An alpha.

Did you say Alpha?

25 minutes ago, Doctor Destiny said:

I'm not going to act like it's going to be awesome once it's out of alpha; beta or final release either.

50 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Did you say Alpha?

Multiple times in fact. :p

34 minutes ago, neojames82 said:

I'm not going to act like it's going to be awesome once it's out of alpha; beta or final release either.

And it probably won't be, but acting like it's bad in an alpha state is just poor form.

A game being in alpha doesn't change what it's like in its core, as the core is pretty much set in stone.

Generally in games though, there is a huge difference in gameplay quality to be had with balance tweaks and such. 

That only affects the unit behaviour, not the fundamental gameplay.

On 19/07/2018 at 5:58 PM, PurpleGaga27 said:

Map changes are coming, and from the looks of them, pretty disappointed in the lackluster design:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Upcoming-Map-Updates/m-p/6926066#M721

Good lord...those "maps" are so fucking small it's embarrassing. It's like if they looked at their kids' playing with their Lego blocks and said "HEY! THERE'S ARE NEW MAPS FOR RIVALS!".

On 15/06/2018 at 3:26 PM, neojames82 said:

They better get their god damn acts together before this game goes live and before people start spending their money on it. Or can you even start giving them money now in the alpha? I'm pretty sure the PAYMENT system is probably not/won't having any issues...

Late reply, but monetisation is not yet enabled. However, bogus currencies are already in place (gold and diamonds) and will no doubt be purchasable in one form or another when the games goes love globally.