Dzierzan

Undocumented secret in "Romanov on the run" mission

Hey there!

Years ago I was playing Yuri's Revenge mission "Romanov on the run". While playing this mission, I noticed a huge pack of polar bears coming off the map from the north direction. I knew I was witnessing a secret. However I was never able to reproduce that secret. Years have passed and I've decided to come back to this topic. My first attempts of trying to produce that secret failed. Untill I finally looked into Final Alert editor and discovered there are special triggers. It appears one unit has to be exactly in a specific spot (in the attached picture, it's the halftrack in the middle of screen), wait there a moment and this will trigger the polar bears! Those teddies will shape the word "HI". It's kinda a funny secret and I am astonished how this one was out of the radar for so long. Yes, I've been trying to search everywhere whether there was any other person who found it, but I had no luck.

Ohh and these teddies are controllable :D.

Polar bears.png

Edited by Dzierzan
Formatting fixed
  • Like 1

I need to port the save files from my old laptop to try and reproduce this. This sounds like an awesome find!

Holy shit, I can't believe nobody ever posted anything about this earlier (after all this time). Looks like it's insanely hard to find too.

Hmm, if there are more secrets like this, opening each mission map and looking through all of its triggers should reveal them then.

Yeah, but I looked inside other YR missions, there was nothing similar like this. And moreover, if any unit stands around the halltrack, that would autodisable triggering the secret untill only one unit is exactly in Halltrack's spot. See the picture.

Triggering that secret was a pure luck years ago! 

Triggers.png

Edited by Dzierzan