Sign in to follow this  
ThermobaricTank

Need help getting started with WrathEd

I want to make a mod that changes some structures, units,  weapons and tiberium fields, I don't want to add/modify anything else like AI, FX, sound, etc. The problem is, when I open the static data manifest with WrathEd from the 1.2 patch BIG to get the XMLs, the viewer just displays a wall of hex data for most of them instead of the proper  parameters. For example, the Corrupter GameObject XML displays the proper data in WrathEd, but the GunWalker is just hex. There is no option to extract the indiviudal XMLs with WrathEd rather than just copypasting the info from the viewer so how am I supposed to include these specific XMLs in my mod? Also, I have no idea where the Weapon.XML  or the tiberium fields are. I'm using WrathEd 1.07.

I just want to get started with Kane's Wrath modding but its really different from the other games so I would really appreciate the help since I can't find anything and the documentation that comes with WrathEd doesn't explain a lot.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm quitting modding this game, I don't get how people manage to do this convoluted crap, I admire anyone who managed to actually make a mod because I have spent 2 days trying and can't even get the BuildMod.bat to actually make a proper BIG file and none of the tutorials or FAQs resolved my problem. This stuff was so much simpler with Zero Hour, oh well...

Edited by ThermobaricTank

Sorry about that, I'm not in my best mood these days, I already did that, among many other things, but it refuses to work when building the mod  for some reason :/ I checked and rechecked all the steps but I can't find what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, thanks for the help and all the tools, Bibber.

On 22/06/2018 at 4:58 PM, ThermobaricTank said:

There is no option to extract the indiviudal XMLs with WrathEd rather than just copypasting the info from the viewer so how am I supposed to include these specific XMLs in my mod?

You're actually supposed to start with the official Tiberium Wars Mod SDK and start modding that, since that has better documentation.

Kane's Wrath XMLs are here.

Tanks a lot for the files! I actually did start with the TW SDK, but WrathEd seemed quite different and I felt lost. But at this point I don't know what else to do or what is going wrong since the mods that I build don't work at all and I don't know what else to verify. Probably its just an oversight on my part but I'm too dumb to figure it out, maybe I'll keep trying later on but now I'll just go back to modding other games.

5 hours ago, ThermobaricTank said:

the mods that I build don't work at all and I don't know what else to verify

WrathEd can't stand xi:include tags. You need to copy the data that those tags refer to. That makes editing/creating XMLs for KW quite tedious.