Pain

Some questions about apt files, new units and more KW stuff

Hello everyone. I have some questions about KW-modding.

1) How to compile the edited apt-files into Kane's Wrath with help of WrathEd Mod SDK? I've already changed one (or two) apt file with help of apt2xml and xml2apt but I still don't know how to correctly compile these files.
2) How to change Kane's Wrath logo in the Main Menu? I've tried to compile it but it doesn't change in game.
3) I've replaced ZOCOM Commando with one unit from TT but it doesn't show in infantry tab, neither ZOCOM Commando nor TT unit. I've already checked XML-files and still don't know where is the mistake.

Can someone help me with these problems?

Edited by Pain

1) It was possible under the C&C3 Mod SDK but I had to use the edited BuildModGUI.bat provided from the C&C3 A New Experience source code. Ask Prodigy or Zocker4ever (in ModDB site) since their KW mods have edited UIs.

2) Read question 72 of the C&C3/KW Mod SDK FAQs. The answer is provided there, but you need to create an xml file specifically for that.

3) I had trouble putting in some C&C4 units in my KW testing mod. It's like as if some things are denied/restricted to be put in there after compilation.

For 3

Make sure your Commando is set to INFANTRY in UnitCategory, ProductionQueueType, and KindOf

Since the barrack is set to train only "INFANTRY" anything else will not show up,

Also make sure you not add it to the world builder category since WB and Static are Separated and only have few things that EA set to work with one another (god know how..), everything else we set in WB to work with Static will not show up as well.

One last thing, make sure your w3x files are set to use KW shaders or the unit model will be invisible in-game.

For the UI: you can just compile that with the TW SDK and place the files in your mod.

On 24/06/2018 at 8:46 PM, PurpleGaga27 said:

2) Read question 72 of the C&C3/KW Mod SDK FAQs. The answer is provided there, but you need to create an xml file specifically for that.

But I already have XML-file with code from FAQ and it included in Static.xml, and in game there is no change, and thats why I ask my question about that in this topic.

On 25/06/2018 at 2:50 AM, Egozi44 said:

Make sure your Commando is set to INFANTRY in UnitCategory, ProductionQueueType, and KindOf

Since the barrack is set to train only "INFANTRY" anything else will not show up

Yep, It all in code but unit still doesn't show in tab.

On 25/06/2018 at 8:57 PM, Lauren said:

For the UI: you can just compile that with the TW SDK and place the files in your mod.

How to place it in compiled mod?

Edited by Pain

1 hour ago, Pain said:

But I already have XML-file with code from FAQ and it included in Static.xml, and in game there is no change, and thats why I ask my question about that in this topic.

If Static data cannot compile that, use Global data in Global.xml instead and try that.

1 hour ago, Pain said:

How to place it in compiled mod?

Anything you edit in AptUI can be put in the Data folder of your mod. The AptUI is its own folder split into many UIs. Do not use Bibber's modified mod compiler because it doesn't work. Use the BuildModGUI.bat provided from the C&C3 A New Experience source code instead.

1 hour ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

If Static data cannot compile that, use Global data in Global.xml instead and try that.

Nope, there is still no changes in logo.

1 hour ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

Anything you edit in AptUI can be put in the Data folder of your mod.

I mean which tool can make that (put compiled and changed with TW BuildModGUI apt, dat and const files into the KW mod's big).

22 hours ago, Pain said:

I mean which tool can make that (put compiled and changed with TW BuildModGUI apt, dat and const files into the KW mod's big).

I used to have a thread tutorial regarding that but I couldn't find it. Since you mentioned KW, ask Lauren, Prodigy and Zocker4ever.