Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Bug Fixing - Images

Guest Rabbit

So we've had a number of users report certain bugs on the forums that I've been trying to figure out how to fix for the past few weeks... or months... I'm not sure I remember.

In any case, I believe I may have an idea of what is causing the problem, but the issue is so sporadic that it's hard to test.

Feel free to use this thread to post random png, gif, and jpg images, either directly linked, or uploaded to the forums and added to your post.

Once I'm confident I've fixed the issue, I'll delete this thread.

Thanks for the help, guys.

I managed to post a PNG link. At first it works but when I post it I got an error saying this: [[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

However for a JPG link, it works:

kfjHRvR.jpg

And a GIF as well:

Rotating_earth_(large).gif

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Guest Rabbit

Updated the database and installed two potentially missing plugins.  Feel free to try again.

Part of this update gave us the wonderful benefit of emojis. 👌

Guest Rabbit

0-0.png

0-0.png

0-0.png

0-0.png

0-0.png

0-0.png

template.png

So I believe I've fixed the issue.  Time will tell.

Trying this again from Speedtest (still doesn't automatically embed this) -- I am in a Opera browser under private browsing and Ghostery/UBlock Origin plugins enabled.

But for now it works:

7430675430.png

67ae8a155355e39d23b955cfc7218d62-2018-3d

381?cb=20120718024112

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Guest Rabbit

It's a finicky bastard, but (hopefully) there shouldn't be anymore template errors.

Guest Rabbit

metacafe and veoh are not supported by IPB

Links from the following sites are supported: College Humor, Coub, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Funny Or Die, Gfycat, Google+, Google Maps, Hulu, Instagram, ReverbNation, Screencast.com, SmugMug, SoundCloud, Spotify, TED, Twitch, Twitter, Ustream, Vimeo, Vine, Wistia, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

metacafe and veoh are not supported by IPB

Links from the following sites are supported: College Humor, Coub, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Funny Or Die, Gfycat, Google+, Google Maps, Hulu, Instagram, ReverbNation, Screencast.com, SmugMug, SoundCloud, Spotify, TED, Twitch, Twitter, Ustream, Vimeo, Vine, Wistia, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

I think either you or Plokite need to mention the supported video embedded sites in this forum when posting since I probably won't remember all of them.

Anyways, thanks for fixing.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

On 2/07/2018 at 2:31 AM, PurpleGaga27 said:

I think either you or Plokite need to mention the supported video embedded sites in this forum when posting since I probably won't remember all of them.

He gave you a list right there, for crying out loud.

PurpleGaga27 meant that this information could somewhat be in the post reply interface where you can see buttons for Bold, Italic, Underline, Link, Align, Size, etc... Although I don't think that its current user interface favors the placement of this information there or, at least, I don't know a proper way of how it could be done.

Perhaps the list could be put into a topic and pinned somewhere (probably off-topic).

Nmenth's right. That is what I am looking for.