Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Nmenth's Research Lab: Super-Heavy Tanks

NRL-Logo.png

It is the first Monday of July, so it is time for another article from Nmenth's Research Lab. This month, we will examine the iconic Super-Heavy Tanks of Command & Conquer and see how they compare with reality.

A new technology will be explored in Nmenth's Research Lab on the first Monday of every month. Return next month on the 6th when I take a closer look at Cryogenics.

• Upvote 1

how about giving Superheavy tanks Electromagnetic Reactive armor(that's at least more powerful than one used on Main battle tanks)?

It doesn't really matter what you add onto it, it is still better to not be hit at all than to take a hit and survive. Super-heavy tanks should always be expected to have higher durability than a regular tank, but what good is double the protection when you're attracting ten times the firepower?

19 hours ago, Nmenth said:

It doesn't really matter what you add onto it, it is still better to not be hit at all than to take a hit and survive. Super-heavy tanks should always be expected to have higher durability than a regular tank, but what good is double the protection when you're attracting ten times the firepower?

anyway, what do you think about Graviton Weaponry(it's work by exploits square-cube law)?

I don't see how this is still relevant to the article.

I am also unsure how a graviton weapon would exploit the square-cube law. I suspect you are pulling this from some specific fictional universe I am not familiar with which, in turn, pulled it from somewhere the sun doesn't shine.

I know, but it was the same tank as the Tiberian Dawn tank lore-wise, and unbuildable by the player mechanic-wise, so I did not think it was worth mentioning.