Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Finally I got to play this game that doesn't look like an RTS

It's true. However if you combine Tencent's Red Alert Online mapping design and UI style with the gameplay mechanics of EA's C&C Rivals and the mobile version of C&C4 Tiberian Twilight which moves the battlefield map, I think this would have been a great mobile RTS game even with crappy microtransactions.

First five missions are a tutorial and are handled by an AI, but in the future the devs will probably make a skirmish of that and get rewarded with points/coins. Then I played against several players for several games. I have to win at least 5 PvP matches to actually get to level up. The length of the matches is pretty short similar to playing a card match game in YugiOh Duel Links. But the idea of using nukes while holding two sectors at the same time and hold them long enough just to eliminate the opponent quicker reminds me of C&C4 holding the sectors. Leveling up units with coins/cards is more crappy than leveling up units/structures in Tiberium Alliances. Then there're loot boxes as crates revealing the unknown which can be coins, cards or even a new unit card.

After all, not an RTS game I expected for, but at least I did try it out. Does it look like a C&C game, absolutely not. Does it look like a terrible spinoff to C&C, yes.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Thanks for being a brave guinea pig, Purple. As expected, this game seems to be a complete waste of time and filled with the "fun" that mobile games love to have like loot boxes and microtransactions. Also, having to win 5 matches just to level up? I'm wondering then how the matchmaking in this game is because if you keep facing a player that is "better" or really "spends more money than you" then you probably are never going to level up quick enough unless you start plunking down some bucks, which of course is probably what they want in the first place.

Well it gets even more worse.... the number of matches needed to win increases as you level up. It took me more than ten matches to get to level 3 and possibly doubled to get to level 4, and so on.

Oh great...they are going with the whole "Candy Crush" thing...this just keeps getting more and more stupid.

The whole game is geared towards this. You can gain fuel canisters to get loot boxes, but you can only earn so many, then you have to wait. All upgrades are tiny and incremental. This isn't just a game on a mobile platform, it's a capital 'M' mobile game.

On 28/07/2018 at 1:04 AM, TaxOwlbear said:

The whole game is geared towards this. You can gain fuel canisters to get loot boxes, but you can only earn so many, then you have to wait. All upgrades are tiny and incremental. This isn't just a game on a mobile platform, it's a capital 'M' mobile game.

So it is an extremely; unapologetic mobile game then. Yay...wonderful..."A Command & Conquer for a new generation." Yeah, a generation of stupid idiots that only play cow clickers!