Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Command & Conquer Wiki Will Move to Gamepedia

wiki-news.jpg

While many people know me as an administrator here at CNCNZ.com, I write this post as one of two active bureaucrats (top-level administrators) of the Command & Conquer Wiki.

Those of you who have followed the news around the Fallout Wikia you may have noticed that Wikia/Fandom has been doing network-wide changes which wiki admins do not have control over. From their talks with Wikia/Fandom staff, we can clearly see that the folks above are not really interested in wikis, which made them big and popular in the first place, and instead try to focus on forced video content and articles as "quaint" as this one. And we did not forget their forcing of auto-playing video content that can not be changed or removed, or backend updates silently breaking a useful template that was only fixed this year.

The active administration (Ssskoopa and myself) have decided to move over to Gamepedia, which is already home to The Vault (a fork of the Fallout Wiki made years ago), the Official Witcher Wiki, Wowpedia, and the up-to-date Overwatch Wiki, to name a few. Their business model puts wikis first and everything else second.

We will update you once the move procedure ends and we get an official URL.

Fandom is a POS website anyway. You are better off leaving them behind. They are turning into another Kotaku/Polygon clone, which the internet doesn't need.

2 hours ago, Masonicon said:

what's wrong with Wikia(for you)?

There are links above. Be bothered to read.

On 4/08/2018 at 4:41 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

There are links above. Be bothered to read.

I has click at least one of link above and now Wikia is less being Fandom-specific Wikipedia