Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Will compiling a mod with the C&C3 Mod SDK be faster if I use a SSD?

Just asking. I am just wondering if anyone has done this on an SSD (solid state drive) even with a fast CPU. The C&C3 Mod SDK compiler I am talking about refers to Bibber's Modified RA3 Mod Buildstudio.

I never tried it with SSD but I believe it will,

with SSD most of the things that runs on your OS (in case you install it on the SSD ofc) should work Wayyy more faster, while other factors like CPU and your OS state are still taken into account, I believe you will probably see some difference

(though don't catch my word as I never tried it myself xP, I just saw SSD in action with similar things and the difference were outstanding)

Edited by Egozi44

The good news, I finally got a 256 GB SSD with 3D NAND SLC tech.

Well a fresh compile of my C&C3 Tacitus Revolution took me over 40 minutes on my original HDD! A recompile took me about 22 minutes (with fix assets option). This time a recompile on a SSD took me 18 minutes.  😐 

But that's because my SSD isn't running in AHCI mode since my Lenovo PC's BIOS doesn't contain that option and it isn't on a PC with SATA III, but a SATA II instead.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

On 16/09/2018 at 11:37 AM, Lauren said:

Wasted SSD

Not really. It works well even on a slow PC, enough to boot, shut down and load apps a bit more faster.