Devils Line

How to make mod maps in TW?

A big hello,

Hopefully someone can help me. For the past two days I have been surfing the web to learn how to make mod maps for TW & KW. By "mod map" I mean to convert them into a .big file and to add that "add-big MOD LOCATION HERE" line to the skudef file for TW & KW.

When it comes to KW, I have managed to learn it from the link below and I have already started making my mod maps:

http://thundermods.net/archiv/index.php?page=content&id=92

However, when it comes to TW I cannot find a single tutorial/guide/article on how to do it. Can someone help me in case they know how? I have MOD SDK and all additional files, but I don't know what to do. What I have tried is following:

Paste map.xml file with or without all textures in .dds format (I tried both options-with and without textures) inside MOD SDK/Sample mod/Maps and then compile with buildmap. I managed to get those 4 files (relo, manifest, imp and bin). I created the same folder structure as in KW:

(1) big/Data/AdditionalMaps/mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml (I copied metadate from map.xml and changed "filename" line accordingly)

(2) big/Data/unofficial/MAPNAME/ and copied all relevant files here (relo, imp, bin, manifest, .map, .art and the tga file).

For KW the next step was to compile mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml with wrathed, but I do not know how to compile it with MOD SDK. Buildmap does not do it.

I tried skipping that step and made the .big file with makebig, copied the .big file inside the game folder, added the "add-big" line to skudef file and ran game, but map won't show up.

______________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: I think the only issue is compiling the mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml file. I used Wrathed to compile it since I don't know any other way of doing it, but if I do that, then TW can't start the mod. So if you know how to compile mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml, that would be help enough.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Devils Line

• You need English version of Windows
  • MapCompStarter.exe may be needed. Put it on your ModSDK folder. You need to run it with administrator permissions.
  • MapCompStarter compiles the maps inside ''C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Maps''  folder. You need to write the name of the map before compiling it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v09gbrqt33w91t7/Rain+Files.zip

Edited by Luvaskot

On 14/09/2018 at 12:54 PM, Luvaskot said:
  • You need English version of Windows
  • MapCompStarter.exe may be needed. Put it on your ModSDK folder. You need to run it with administrator permissions.

my comments to these steps: lol and more lol, what is that exe even? smells like something fishy like a virus.

A friend gave me a tga and map file but IDK what I'm supposed to do with it, also where can I download Kane's wrath world editor that doesn't crash when I start it?