Sign in to follow this  
tommy83

Red Alert --- TS technology gap

I always wondering why GDI never posseses any cronoshpere technology or gigantic cannon. Others cool technology like Iron curtain, nuclear missile doesn't seems to appear in TS. I know westwood doesn't want to make both games too similar but they should make it clear why these technology simply disapper in the future. As far as I know, kane do have a time machine much like a cronoshpere.

The game would be crap if they had the same tech in both games...

Besides the chronosphere and iron current and all that jazz are for the Red Alert series only.

Besides the Tesla coil and Obislek are pretty much the same.

The game would be crap if they had the same tech in both games...

Besides the chronosphere and iron current and all that jazz are for the Red Alert series only.

Besides the Tesla coil and Obislek are pretty much the same.

Ok, yeah, but he's asking about what happened to the technology in the STORYLINE, not what would make a better game. I too have wondered what happened to that technology, and I think that Renegade 2 was going to handle the problem. I'm actually thinking about writing a story that covers the end of RA2 and the subsequent rise of Nod- the stuff that the Renegade 2 missing link would have covered. It will make for a great story! I'm looking forward to writing it.

Westwood have said on numerous occasions that the two games are NOT linked. So there is no need for any storyline explanation of any kind.

Although I don't believe this, it is how it is.

Westwood have said on numerous occasions that the two games are NOT linked. So there is no need for any storyline explanation of any kind.

I know, but it would be nice to have the two linked, and I definitely think that it can be done. Preliminary work in Renegade 2 also shows that Westwood was interested in linking the two anyway. It's where the story seems to be set... pre-TD and post-RA2

RA 2 is not related to the original C&C timeline. This is what piss me off the most. I really hate westwood after that.

RA 2 is not related to the original C&C timeline. This is what piss me off the most. I really hate westwood after that.

Dude, as I just said, Westwood wanted to reconcile the two storylines with Renegade 2, but that was gunned down. Westwood is the good guys :D I do agree, however, that RA2 diverged too much from c&c... it was just too silly, like a comic book

RA2 doesn't diverge. It follows after the Allies crush Stalin's march through Europe.

TD follows if you crush the European front with the Soviets. Kane appears in the Soviet ending movie.

Red Alert 2 fits in the serie as a isolated conflict, it had no major influences to other wars.

The Soviet techs probably got destroyed and lost after Soviet defeat.

Nuclear bombs can still be seen in TD.

Prism technology works almost in the same way as a Obelisk.

Chronosphere may have been destroyed due to menace it would be if it felt in wrong hands and was never seen again.

Brett W. Sperry personally admit that RA 2 is not related to the original C&C so that the games is not constrained to the original games.

The problem is Obelisk belong to NOD not GDI.

We, the modders, have made RA2 fit perfectly into the storyline of C&C. We base the next game upon who wins the previous conflict.

I've said it over and over. I am not repeating myself so go find it.

I completey agree Fenring- I'm working on a nice little story that will hopefully clear a lot up in this area and link the 2. Be on the look out for it in a couple weeks....

...about the obelisk, prism stuff, etc.... the prism technology and obelisk are quite a bit different, but even so, technology can be stolen (it has been regularly throughout history). I'm gonna try and cover the loss of those RA2 technologies (chronosphere, prism tech, iron curtain, etc.) in the story. I think reasonable conclusions can be drawn from the info we have.

Red Alert ONE is the prequel to C&C1. It is made as prequel to C&C, and to explain how our timeline is different from the C&C one. Seriously, it's pretty easy to understand that some of these very unstable technologies were either lost in the chaos of the aftermath of the war or simply kept classified as they were considered too dangerous.

RA2 however is a pretty silly remake of RA2, and even though the install says it's linked to RA1 it is not linked to the C&C storyline.

Red Alert ONE is the prequel to C&C1. It is made as prequel to C&C, and to explain how our timeline is different from the C&C one. Seriously, it's pretty easy to understand that some of these very unstable technologies were either lost in the chaos of the aftermath of the war or simply kept classified as they were considered too dangerous.

RA2 however is a pretty silly remake of RA2, and even though the install says it's linked to RA1 it is not linked to the C&C storyline.

is this an assumption or are you sure that

RA2 is not linked to the entire C&C storyline....

is this an assumption or are you sure that

RA2 is not linked to the entire C&C storyline....

EA confirmed it. RA1 is the prequel to C&C. RA2 is an alternate sequel to RA1, and thus not between RA1 and C&C or something like that.

sure, that's what they said, but remember the Renegade 2 development screen shots and information? They were planning on linking the 2. It is doable. Stop getting tied up on that old press release :wink:. There can and should be a link between the 2 universes

okay......... let me go through this one more time. I understand that it is pretty confusing :roll:. When RA2 was made, they DID confirm that there was no connection to C&C. LATER ON, during the early production of the cancelled Renegade 2, it was obvious that the game was GOING TO LINK the 2 universes, and Westwood had every intention of doing it. It is okay for them to change their minds.

There ya go.

Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure EA/Westwood confirmed that Red Alert and Tiberian were not connected.

And it should stay that way in my oppinion..

The ra2 storyline really sucked ass.. The only thing that was good about it was that it put you in the driving seat.. (unlike TS)

Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure EA/Westwood confirmed that Red Alert and Tiberian were not connected.

its the way it should be, im happy with them both being not connected.

The only thing that was good about it was that it put you in the driving seat.. (unlike TS)

They changed that in Firestorm...

The only thing that was good about it was that it put you in the driving seat.. (unlike TS)

They changed that in Firestorm...

Oh yeah.. Its been ages since ive played FS....

Ive heard both stories are connected. Ive heard both stories arent connected. RA3 will tell (or EA will have hell to pay if they screw it up)