Vectore

WorldBuilder Custom Map Help - Object does not display in actual gameplay

Hello ladies and lads, please pardon me if this problem had been resolved in the past since I can't find the fix.

I have been playing TW for years and just got to map buildings about a week or so. I was playing around with the skirmish version of the Temple Prime map (https://www.moddb.com/games/cc-tiberium-wars/addons/sarajevo-temple-prime) and thought the guy's variation of the Nod base around the Temple Prime was way too overly powerful. I fired up WorldBuilder and made some adjustment to the objects (namely reducing the ridiculous amount of SAMs and Obelisk, ownership of neutral buildings and adding some fun extra buildings). I saved the map and it through skirmish mode (which worked perfectly for the uneditted version), however once the map was loaded there were not a single object in the map. Players MCV didn't appear even though the starting MCV waypoints were placed in WorldBuilders, and after about 5 seconds the map ended with defeat for all sides. What have I done wrong?

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (30).png

That bring up memories, I once edited the map too but I manually extracted it from the game rather than use someone else map, I don't sure what cause the issue but I assume it relate to the map you download, maybe it moded map that don't supposed to work like any normal custom map or maybe something else get in the way, I'm not WB expert though so beat me, it may be something you did or forgot to do.

Does the map appear in the skirmish menu and have two players start points?

Edited by Egozi44

@Egozi44Yes, it appeared normally and has 3 players starting point (technically four players but the one in Temple Prime is bot and there is no starting point.

@Devils Line Can't upload .map file on forum, I do have screenshot of the overall map if that might help.

Sarajevo.PNG

Screenshot does not help at all. Compress the map folder with winrar then post the .rar file here, or alternatively upload the .rar file or all map files uncompressed somewhere else and post link here. 

Edited by Devils Line

Okay, reason why your objects don't show up and why game ends immediately after starting the map is because there is literally nothing on the map. Worldbuilder shows 0 objects. Even player start points are not there. After I added start points for players game did not end after running map.

Whether you really deleted absolutely everything, or something bugged out, or whatever.... I don't know.

What you can do though, if you decide to edit the original map again is to do it step by step. Delete 10-15 objects, save map, see if it works. Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Devils Line said:

Okay, reason why your objects don't show up and why game ends immediately after starting the map is because there is literally nothing on the map. Worldbuilder shows 0 objects. Even player start points are not there. After I added start points for players game did not end after running map.

Whether you really deleted absolutely everything, or something bugged out, or whatever.... I don't know.

What you can do though, if you decide to edit the original map again is to do it step by step. Delete 10-15 objects, save map, see if it works. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks mate, will try. Does it have anything to do with the version of the game or WorldBuilder? My WorldBuilder is showing every object normally idk

Now that you mention it, it could have to do with your worldbuilder. As you can see from screenshot below, the icons for your worldbuilder and mine do not match. Even the name of program in top bar does not match. Yours says "Command & Conquer 3 worldbuilder" while mine says "Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars worldbuilder". I'll post my worldbuilder below too so check it out.

wbscreenshot.thumb.png.ff9ef6c195adf9daca26a7a509a5299f.png

CC3Worldbuilder(2).zip

@Devils Line Ah I see. I think my version of WorldBuilder is way too outdated. I remembered downloading it ages ago but never tried it. I got two versions of WorldBuilder side by side with the same map opened and copied all objects+scripts from the old one to the new one. Map's working fine now. Most appreciated for the help mate.

One of you seem to use KW's WB and the other TW's (I assume from the icons)

Unless it old ver of TW you need to update it, if KW's WB than try to use TW's as the map is from TWs' camp