Sign in to follow this  
Plok

C&C Rivals to Launch Worldwide on 4 December

cncrivals_news.jpg

The mobile game Command & Conquer: Rivals has just been announced to launch worldwide on Android and iOS on 4 December 2018 according to EA's press release, which will make its quaintly named "pre-alpha" period last approximately 6 months.

Yeah, this game is not ready for launch IMHO.

4 minutes ago, Alex06 said:

I don't think EA care xP

The terminology is also pretty idiotic.

A game is in beta if it's mostly or completely finished from a design perspective, and just needs some fine tuning and bug hunting.

A game is in alpha if nothing is yet set in stone and can change between 0.1 and 100% at any time.

What's pre-alpha? Pre-conception?

6 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

The terminology is also pretty idiotic.

A game is in beta if it's mostly or completely finished from a design perspective, and just needs some fine tuning and bug hunting.

A game is in alpha if nothing is yet set in stone and can change between 0.1 and 100% at any time.

What's pre-alpha? Pre-conception?

Exactly, I don't get it, either, it's super-confusing. It sounds pretty much like this game was in early to late "beta". I think pre-alpha is supposed to be that the game is being worked on but isn't entirely playable. Alpha is like playable but not feature-complete? IDK, I feel like they add new terms for no reason whatsoever...

1 hour ago, Alex06 said:

I agree. While there's more than enough new units, the game is missing new commanders and some new content especially calling for new commanders and a Scrin or Forgotten faction.

Don't worry, they will add all of that content at a later date that you can buy individually, each at the price of a complete, newly released AAA title.

So they are REALLY going through with this...alright, let the disaster begin!!!

to be honest i wont be playing this till i get a new phone next year and then it it still low on my list of things to do but i will give it a shot but i don't see me playing this for long.

Apparently my 2017 Galaxy A5 is not compatible with the game. 

Edited by HOPE1134

3 hours ago, HOPE1134 said:

Apparently my 2017 Galaxy A5 is not compatible with the game. 

And my 2016 Lenovo Vibe C is, despite not being officially supported.

I am quite disliking the fact that most mobile phones probably won't be supported to play with the game. Fuck with those system requirements, any smartphone even a weak decent one, still works with this game.