Sign in to follow this  
Madin

AI Harvester stalled issues

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with a single AI harvester stalling, and that harvester causing a ripple effect were other harvesters cannot dock at a refinery (ie the circling the refinery issue). Obviously for a human player it is no big deal to fix, but for the AI it can easily cripple their economy.

Note I am not talking about the Nod harvester stall issue.

CGF fixed it by changing the geometry and few other stuff in the gameobject,

Mjjstral solution in the discord server was to use lua that use the return command if the harvesters aren't moving when unload

Edited by Egozi44

7 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

CGF fixed it by changing the geometry and few other stuff in the gameobject,

So he changed the geometry settings, makes sense... but you do not know what the 'other stuff' was?

If you can let me know how to check out what CGF changed, that would help.

The LUA sounds 'complicated'.

I changed most of it by looking on his xmls, however I recall I found some changes to be not fitting and either didn't changed the original code or change it with my own (GDI and Zocom harvesters also had some issues with their weapons and Nod and Scrin had some issues with their ducking location due to missing bone EA forgot to add) So I had to edit many things in the harvesters to the points I don't recall what I did unless I compare it to the original xD

I can send you the xmls though, but the lua option sound better (if it will work...), kinda interested in trying it myself but don't feel like nag Mjjstral over it

I can see the CGF GDI Harvester changes. If you cannot remember what you did different for that Harvester (I do not mod Kane's Wrath, so the other faction harvesters do not matter), then I will have to make do with the smaller geometry settings.

Try that then, I'll suggest comparing it to the normal KW's Harvester xml and note any change